1.7 starts then cuts straight out

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discostu

Hi guys I’m having a right headache with a 1.7 conversion I’m doing on my mk3 Orion 😢 it’s all in but it won’t run it turns over and fires then cuts out after 1-2 seconds. The fuel pump is running I’ve got fuel at the rail and I’ve fitted new plugs and tried a different coil pack as well. It’s also spinning the rev gauge right around when I turn the ignition on. Any light you can shed on this problem would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

The fact that it fires then cuts out basically means there is no fuel getting to it, I know you say the pump is running etc but immediate cut out normally indicates fuel problem rather than anything electrical, plugs/coil pack etc, Does the fuel spray from the rail? ie is it actually under pressure from the pump? Are the plugs wet or dry?

I’ve got it to run now but it won’t idle at all it has fuel to it as I pulled the injector rail out to see what it was doing. I’ve just plugged in a code reader which came up with the fuel emissions purge valve which wasn’t plugged in but that’s now connected but still the same problem continues

I’ve found the problem 🤦‍♂️ It had the wrong gasket on the throttle body which blocked the air going into the icv. What a plum 😂

Latest posts

Back