1st Aberdeenshire Meet and Tour!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmer69

Calling any Puma, Fiesta ZS/ST, Focus ST/RS, Cosworth and other Fast Ford owners.

There is a massive lack of meets in the North East despite us having some of the best driving roads in the country on our doorstep, I want to put this right!

I have proposed a route that loops from Aberdeen, into Deeside, through The Lecht and returning to Aberdeen via Donside, check out the route bellow.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Bridge+Of+Dee,+Aberdeen&daddr=A939+to:Tornahaish+to:Knockandhu+to:Dufftown,+Keith+to:A941+to:Main+St%2FA97+to:Alford+to:Bridge+Of+Dee,+Aberdeen&geocode=FTaAZwMdTqHf_yktGDE1LBCESDFEBhQ8wZIgfQ%3BFfonZwMdeLPP_w%3BFWEyaAMdiKfP_ympW4Vko8aFSDHg8d53HGgMCg%3BFdJGagMdj4nN_ykBbp-4Rr6FSDENHZq_kr1YPg%3BFSCEbAMdmUnQ_yn9E6J0M6WFSDFbjXAgjun3ww%3BFdNeawMd_a7R_w%3BFU4XagMdNSPU_w%3BFWRPaQMdTr7W_ylpZoMYYjOESDGLPaw0ooEHog%3BFTaAZwMdTqHf_yktGDE1LBCESDFEBhQ8wZIgfQ&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=5,6&mrsp=6&sz=15&sll=57.283821,-2.866831&sspn=0.013755,0.045276&ie=UTF8&ll=57.248595,-2.736969&spn=0.440563,1.448822&t=h&z=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was inspired to set this up when driving the Lecht Road the other day when I was passed by a group of about 20 BMW M-cars, they looked and sounded phenomenal but I reckon we can match them! This is a great route to enjoy your car and the stunning scenery as well!

We will meet on the top deck of the ASDA carpark at Bridge of Dee around 9.30 am on Sunday 28th November, this way everyone can get snacks/drinks/fuel, and hit the road around 10 am. I fully intend to stop for lunch somewhere along the route but I've not decided yet, any suggestions are welcomed.

The most important thing about this meet is for everyone to enjoy their cars to the max on some great roads but please please keep safety in mind.

Keep it serviced! These are remote roads, you don't want a break down if you can help it, make sure your fluids are all good, oil is topped up, tyres (including spare) and breaks are serviceable and you're carrying a basic remediate tool kit and spare fluids.
Weather! It WILL be bloody freezing on the higher routes, please drive accordingly. Also beware of cross winds
Take care. There will be varying types of drivers on the tour, do not tail gate or harass anyone they will let you past at a safe point.
Observe. Equally if your holding up a queue of cars, pull in or indicate to let them past, don't be tempted to drive beyond your limits. This will be safer and more enjoyable for all involved.
Stick together. We're a group, if anyone is in trouble/breaks down, please stop and help so long as you're not putting yourself at risk as well.
Keep everyone informed. If you're in front of another car/group and you see an obstruction coming in the other direction (stray sheep, oncoming vehicles, big potholes) flash your hazards to inform those behind.
Drive within your limits. I'm not going to preach to you all about how to drive but don't take any unnecessary risks, these roads are as dangerous as they are fun to drive, remember 'slow in' 'fast out' is the quickest way across country!
Have fun! I don't need to explain how to do this!

I'll try to take as many photos as I can and get them passed around all those who attend, if numbers are looking good I'll try to contact Fast Ford Mag to see if they are interested in attending or taking some of the photos from us.

Pass this onto everyone who may want to join in, put it on forums, message boards and owners clubs. I've planned this primarily as a Ford meet but any make of car is welcome.

Hope to see a good turn out.

Cheers

Greg

Ps, photos and facebook page to follow!!!

Facebook event now created, plenty Fezza boys are keen, need some Pumas!

http://www.facebook....wall#wall_posts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BUMP!

Come on guys, there's been plenty of chat regarding the lack of meets up here!

Latest posts

Back