205s on a Puma?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doingitsideways

Think I've managed to bag myself a set of 16" x 7j Mondeo style 5 spokes, but the ones with the proper offset for the Puma.

I could just stick some 195s on, but with the possibility of getting the car on a track at some point, was thinking of going for 205/45s.

Car will most likely be lowered 40mm, so was wandering people's thoughts on the extra width?

Are they likely to rub?

May go for a 20mm hub spacer on the back at some point too.

Cheers,
Steve

It's not the width but the height that will rub there. The standard 195/50/15 have a diameter of 576mm and 205/45/16 are 590mm, so there's less room in the arch. I run 215/40/16 which are 578mm diameter and will be better suited to a 7J wheel.

That's my two cents.

Ok, cheers.

How much is yours lowered by?

You're in Alty aren't you?
May have to meet up for a bit of a natter at some point.

Mine is wound all the way down on coilovers, so I suspect it's about 60mm

That's how it sits now, 215/40 on 16x6.5J, 30mm rear spacers 20mm front.

Yeah i'm from that neck of the woods so we can have a chat.

Cool, we'll have to figure something out.
I'm in Northern Moor, so only up the road.

Would be good if I could have a butcher's at a nicely modded Puma, never really have before.
I'm wildly throwing money at mine blind at the moment.

Mine's layed up on a mate's drive 'til the missus isn't looking and I can sneak it down the side of my house :lol:

Depends what your opinion of what "nicely modded" means :lol:

You're more than welcome to have a nosey at it and if you need any advice from somebody who has already done the wildly throwing money game :roll:

Sorry but I don't want to make another thread. Im running on 205s on my kitty soon it will be lowered by 40mm all sides my question is I want to put her on 16' or maybe 17' depends on what I get my hands on first but I want something wide like 7.5J or 8J with 225s and I don't know for what ET to search. Found out that something between ET35-42 will be okay but I want them to stand out a bit. Do I have to search for less ET something like ET20-25 will I have a problem with this will they rub?

Well the FRP wheels are 17x7.5J with ET25 (99% sure that's right) and they sit perfectly flush with standard arches. If you want to go to 8J and want to keep them flush then minimum ET of 30 is required, but you have to be wary of rubbing on the inside when going wide. Have a play around on http://www.willtheyfit.com and see what comes up.

Latest posts

Back