A swap success! Focus for Puma (guess who got better deal?!)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greeneyedfi

I have been trawling a swapping website for a few months after getting bored and fed up of my old lolloppy Focus. 5 doors and 1.6 engine, it felt like a shed on wheels. It coughed and spluttered everywhere and was literally no fun

I owned a Puma about a year ago and since selling it (couldn't afford to run a car at the time) I missed it completely. I drove a Pug (ugh) then the Focus but never felt totally happy. Before I owned a 1.7 Panther Black R reg Puma with the usual rust round the rear wheel arches, ended up having to spend more money on it than anything else I have ever spent money on - but still I LOVED it. It was a grin-inducing car!

So I was very happy when someone expressed interest in my Focus and they wanted to swap their Jewel Green 1.7 R reg Puma. Infact I was ecstatic!

We drove to Honiton today (2 hours from my house) and the fella with the Puma drove 2 hours from his. We swapped no problems - signed over the v5's. Happy days!

Its got one little patch of rust on the drivers side rear wheel arch and a bit of rust round the front passenger wheel arch. All very fixable at this early stage! It has some history with it - no cam belt change history so thats first on my list! Her front head lights need replacing as they're awfully fogged. However, all she really needs is a bit of a clean and some TLC and I reckon I got a pretty good deal :D

Very happy with my lovely little green Pum!

I was a member on Pumapeople.com a little while ago but their site seems to be down (?). Or perhaps that's just me! Anyways - happy to have found you guys! Much easier to use site IMO!

I shall upload pics as soon as I have returned her to her former glory - I wouldn't want to compromise her dignity by taking pictures of her now and showing you all as she is a little bit scruffy at the mo :)

Thanks for reading!!

Welcome along - glad you find the site easy to use!

:eek:k:

Welcome along dude! Glad to hear you're happy to be back in a Puma - Now get out there and get her pretty so we can see some piccies!! :grin:

Hi and welcome :)

Pumapeople seems to be broken quite regulary these day :?

Looking forward to the pictures!

Thank you for all your welcome's :p

I am off to Bristol today to pick up a new interior for her because the one thats in there now... well... I don't even want to know the origin of some of the stains!! New interior wasn't a bad price. For 2 front seats, the back seats and the door cards - £45

Will get some before and after pics if I can :)

Thanks guys!

:( :( :( :(

So we picked up the new interior at about 5pm. Got it home about 6pm (just starting to get dark). Me and the OH bowled straight into ripping the old stuff out, got the back seats and cards in - looking LOVELY. Its black instead of the blue thats already in there and I really like the look.

Got to doing the front seats (the old ones were out as I cleaned and hoovered the carper earlier) and it turns out the seat attachments are COMPLETELY different :( Couldn't even swap the rails.

So I am now left with an odd interior, and two front seats stained and with holes! :(

I could probably cry!

I'm positive you'll be able to swap them over. The very early models had the fiesta mk3.5 floor pan whilst the newer ones were based on the mk4. You should be able to swap the runners over from memory but hopefully someone will double confirm this for me.

Hope you get it sorted!

Ooh thank you Red. I hope we can - it was late last night and it was dark so we didn't really have a proper look!

I will keep you updated on whether we manage to swap them over :)

Thank you again.

Latest posts

Back