Advice for repainting propellor wheel centre caps

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jubei700

My centre caps are in a pretty poor state. One has lost all its clips, and I've purchased a replacement, but two others have lost a good amount of paint and are looking a bit cream colored. And the other two aren't in a much better state. Has anyone repainted these? Does anyone have advice on what paint might be best suited, either for durability or for colour matching? Or is there just 'alloy wheel metallic silver' or something. Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

I got a set of propellors overhauled by my local wheel reconditioner.He just sprayed the centre caps in the same OE silver.2 years later they still look like new.

The colour is moondust silver and lots of places do it - look on amazon. Do assess if they are worth saving as they become brittle. I bought 2 new ones from ford last year - may still be available from there. Good luck.

The colour is moondust silver and lots of places do it - look on amazon. Do assess if they are worth saving as they become brittle. I bought 2 new ones from ford last year - may still be available from there. Good luck.
Fantastic thanks. I reckon for the cost of a can of paint i'll refurbish the caps I have, and if any more break look to replace them in the future. We're fresh 'new' ones (I assume NOS) expensive at the time?

I'm not a great fan of Halfords, but their rattle cans are not a bad match and they stock Moondust silver, which I've used on wheels with reasonable success, when finished with clear lacquer.

Fantastic thanks. I reckon for the cost of a can of paint i'll refurbish the caps I have, and if any more break look to replace them in the future. We're fresh 'new' ones (I assume NOS) expensive at the time? ones (I assume NOS) expensive at the time?
Hi. When painting the old caps do clean them thoroughly before paint. Being stuck on the wheels means they get ingrained dirt that will stop the paint sticking. The NOS stuff is not cheap - I think about £44 from local ford dealer, but sources for these are drying up. I did source second hand ones to start with, but only half were serviceable, so false economy really. Good luck.

Back