battery light flickering on and off

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greek_Espartano

Hi, I wish you could help me as the why the battery lights randomly flicker on and off. What should I check?

When the car is stopped:12,8
When the car is running:14,1

Also have DTC Codes 5967 & 9201

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6695.jpeg
    IMG_6695.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6696.jpeg
    IMG_6696.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Many thanks mate! Really nice review. I have also problems with ABS/Traction wheel lights on high revs. Aparently ABS sensor are ok. ABS rings all new. And the faulty DTC codes from the fuel gauge / sensor as it moves up and down randomly. ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป
If you have several faults, it may be worth checking all the earth connections in the engine bay etc. It's probably more complicated, but would be the first thing I'd check.

If you have several faults, it may be worth checking all the earth connections in the engine bay etc. It's probably more complicated, but would be the first thing I'd check.
Hi John. Where Can I find the ground connections in the engine bay to start checking them. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Hi John. Where Can I find the ground connections in the engine bay to start checking them. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Apart from the obvious ones like the engine to the bulkhead, there is another one that goes goes from under the battery to the engine, there are others as well. I took the main ones off, then cleaned them and used petroleum jelly to protect the contacts and provide good continuity.

Apart from the obvious ones like the engine to the bulkhead, there is another one that goes goes from under the battery to the engine, there are others as well. I took the main ones off, then cleaned them and used petroleum jelly to protect the contacts and provide good continuity.
Thanks a lot. I only checked under the battery one and it was cut off. (Now sorted out). The other ones, no clue where exactly they are located. :-(

Last edited:
Thanks a lot. I only checked under the battery one and it was cut off. (Now sorted out). The other ones, no clue where exactly they are located. :-(
A common one to break is the braided steel one from the back of the engine block to the bulkhead, some cars won't start without it, whilst others do, no idea why the difference. As far as I know, all the ground/earth wires are black, apart from the one to the bulkhead

A common one to break is the braided steel one from the back of the engine block to the bulkhead, some cars won't start without it, whilst others do, no idea why the difference. As far as I know, all the ground/earth wires are black, apart from the one to the bulkhead
Thanks! I have got it. Yes

Back