Black diamond braided hoses

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stavros34

Hi

I need some help. I am fitting new black diamond hoses to my Puma and I'm having trouble figuring out how to secure the hose in the bracket that's mounted to the wheel arch. It fits fine wheel cylinder end and the pipe end but I can't get it to clamp in the bracket. I thought that they were a direct replacement of the originals but there is no where for the hose clamp to fit to the braided hoses. All that comes with the hoses is 17mm nuts and washers and some copper washers.

If anyone has fitted these I'd appreciate a photo or some advice.

Many thanks in advance

Steve

Managed to sort out the issue with the bracket. Had to squeeze it flat to allow enough of the thread to show through in order to fully tighten the copper brake line to it. Not sure how to go about the fronts? The original hoses have a clamp which bolts to the shock but these braided hoses don't. Maybe as they are much thinner they don't foul the shock once fitted? http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/brake-line-kits/car/ford/puma/2001/black-diamond-stainless-braided-brake-hose-kit-4-line-kit

Hi Mate
You're not talking to yourself, lots of people will have been reading this but never heard of those hoses before, hence no answer. Personally I chose not to fit braided hoses to the front as I couldn't get them to work properly but someone else may offer an opinion.
Best of luck.
Barry

Sorry I can't offer any advice, haven't even started mine yet :oops:

I'm interested to see how you get on with them though, might have to invest in some myself...

They aren't the best I must admit. With the fronts you have to un clamp the original rubber hose from the shock bracket and re clamp the braided one and mess about with the spring that prevents the hose rubbing on the inner arch. You don't re use the little u clamp to secure the hose to the body mounted bracket. Instead you secure it with a nut and washer. I'll post some pics soon.

i am doing mine tommorow as just bought black diamond braided brake lines and will take pictures as i go

Jason

:p :thumbs: :eek:k:

I fitted Wezmoto braided brake lines to the front of my Puma. It was a bit of a PITA and this isn't a 'plug and play' type upgrade. £30, I don't know how that compares to Black Diamond.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283437944575?ViewItem=&item=283437944575

1) Body bracket where flexi hose meets brake line was rusty and it took some wiggling to get the old flexi hose out; paint came off so had to scrub back to metal and re-paint (zinc primer + gloss black was fine for me, it's covered by wheelarch liner anyway). I had to do this at the rear as well when I replaced flexi hoses.
2) You have to bend out the bracket that locates flexi hose to strut, remove old flexi hose, put the new one in (with the little rubber grommet thing) and bend back. Do-able, but a fiddle.
3) New braided brake line was a very tight fit in the bracket hole. Had to enlarge the hole a little to get it to pass through. Whether this was because of corrosion in the bracket, or simply the wrong sized part, I don't know.
4) You have to be careful routing the braided hose to the caliper. My initial attempt ended up rubbing on the inside of the tyre. To be honest I think these ones are a bit too long.

I didn't bother with the curly spring thing over the braided line, I figured it's tough enough as it is - but I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Back