Buying ECU without transponder

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexM

Hi, I'm trying to buy a TAPE ecu but the seller has no transponder chip. Is it possible to program my current keys to it easily or will it be too expensive / Impossible to make it worthwhile? Thanks

I would guess you would need Ford/specific equipment to program a the new key.
The transponder info would need to be read from the ECU, then programed to a key or new transponder 'data' would need to be programmed.

Where about are you located mate, adding a key isn’t a problem providing the ECU is in good working order :eek:k:

[ref]PumaNoob[/ref], That's good to hear, I'm in Birmingham. That being said do you have a TAPE ecu you could supply? Probably be safer than buying it off some bloke on facebook lol. Also would you need to change wiring loom at all? I understand the TAPE ecu only needs one lambda.

Ah that’s cool, I’m only in Walsall, just you the road from you :cool: I do have ECU’s in stock but they are remapped, I don’t sell them stock. If your car has 2 lambdas it will just need the temperature gauge wire swapping over, it only takes a few mins to do, the most awkward job is removing the rivets that hold the old ECU in place.

Yeah remapped is fab, wanted more oomph for track and was planning that and some Racing puma cams or similar, have an exhaust manifold waiting to go on as well. :grin:

AFAIK that is the 'standard' combo, but the PCM is modded to enable 95 RON petrol usage by default. In car it used a jumper to switch from 91 to 95 and some cars (depending on the year of production and the PCM that cam with it) don't have that jumper and the PCM would stay in 91 RON mode giving away 12 bhp in the process

CherryVimto said:
PumaNoob... is there any difference between your (FRP) map and a 'standard' FRP map/ECU?
wow blast from the past, how are you doing Tony, it’s been a long time mate :thumbs: For the most part, one of the maps I can do is identical to FRP. But I can also tweak it, completely remove the rev limiters that are still partially there, I can adjust rev limiters to suit the build, and can also tweak spark and fuel maps to suit a particular set up. I can also permanently add the octane adjust, so you have full power even when fitted to a newer 2 lambda model. That not only looses you power, but can limit the RPMs too :cry:

PumaNoob said:
CherryVimto said:
PumaNoob... is there any difference between your (FRP) map and a 'standard' FRP map/ECU?
wow blast from the past, how are you doing Tony, it’s been a long time mate :thumbs:

All good here thanks and yeah been a long time.. although I'm always on & off the forum regularly.

Looks like you have my taste buds tingling... I'll send you a PM instead of cluttering up this thread :grin:

Hi. I’m looking at getting A frp mate put my tape ecu. Can anyone help me out ? I’m located in Brighton

Latest posts

Back