Cambelt fitment recomendations in Kent

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJD

Hi Guys, New user here, just bought myself a Puma 17 , 53k miles, and in very nice condition.

The previous owner ( of 15 years ) serviced the car regularly , despite only covering a couple of thousand miles on average per year, however there is no record of Cambelt being changed, he said it was, but probably over 10 years ago ! There is a rumble from cambelt area, I suspect the tensioner pulley or possibly water pump.
Obviously I want to get this done ASAP, Im a old school Ford qualified mechanic back in my youth ( late 80's) so changing cambelts dont worry me... but this one does , from what I know its not as easy as most, and special tools are required. So im very happy to pay a garage to do it , along with the water pump. Before I start ringing round the main Dealers to see if anyone will do it, I suspect they may not, has anyone got any recommendations in Kent, or local to Kent, I have read that Pumaspeed are the go to people, but i believe they are up Norf ! Many thanks in advance.

You could contact Ollie at OC Motorsport, people used to highly rate that place and I believe it's much nearer you.

Welcome to the site.

Red, thank you for your reply... I have just googled them, and yes they are much closer, about 1.5 hrs away, so a full day, there and back plus the 4 hrs to do the job. The price was better than I thought it would be as well.
Thank you again.

Back