circuit pads 300mm discs, sqeeck left front

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefdm

Hello

i have the brakeupgrade of the st170s discs and mondeo MK3 calipers and brackets.
I now use EBC yellowstuffs and find them not up to the job of repeated braking... they start to fade fairly soon (do some good trackwork but still drive it on the street). I also have a bmw trackcar where i use Pagid RSL 29s and they are phenomenal. Yet i can't seem to find any decent for the MK3 mondeo calipers, do you guys know any brand who does circuit pads for these calipers?

in addition to that i have a brake squeeck on the left front (when i press the brake the squeeck is gone). for the swap i used second hand adaptors (sanded down and used lots of copper grese) with brand new bosch brakecalipers and don't know why they are making all that noise... Could it be a mastercilinder issue?

Thanks!

I know Tarox do pads for those calipers and they're £££ but I've no experience of them. I do wonder how hard you're pushing if 300mm discs and yellowstuff pads aren't cutting it. No idea to be honest.

I fit yellow stuff to the brembo 4 piston calipers on my mk2 focus st and the squeal was absolutely abysmal and they stopped no better than the pagid pads I fit after. No matter what I did nothing would stop it, I tried the correct bedding in process that made no difference, copper grease, ceratec grease, swapping the pads around filling the edges, absolutely hammering the brakes from high speed would work for a few minutes until they cooled then would start squealing again. They're crap and and I fail to see why so many rave about them.

That's odd, I've used EBC Greenstuff with EBC boggo discs and they were brilliant, granted it was only a 70bhp Fiesta but stock Pagids wouldn't cut it. Yellowstuff are definitely meant to be a step up. I wonder why only one side would squeak in jefdm's case?

today i fitted steel braded lines and motul 600 brakefluid in the hope maybe there was air in the system or something but the squeeck remains... are there mastercilinders that are directly interchangeable but bigger? maybe the master isn't going back enough to give the calipers enough clearance to avoid pads rubbing on the discs? or does no one have that issue?

maybe i'll get myself a new caliper again to see if that solves the problem, slidepins where new and are free so thats not really the problem...

jefdm said:
today i fitted steel braded lines and motul 600 brakefluid
I went to do just that last weekend! One of the front pipes was seized on so I'll have to run a new pipe.

I read somewhere you can use a mk3 Mondeo master but don't quote me on that.

hello guys!

found the issue... after placing a new caliper the squeek stayed. In madness of not finding the problem i jacked her up and pushed the piston of the caliper back, wheel back on, and put it in first and let it spin. no sound anymore, hmmm
but then as i was looking at the wheel i saw it rocking back and forth as it was turning, i was truely perplexed because it where new wheels, new discs en new wheelbearings...

i tought maybe there was some dirt in between of the breakdisc and mating surface but no, spotless...
then i put back the disc, and placed the retainerclip for the disc. as i was doing so i looked at my wheel thinking, this can't be possible... the Speedline turini wheels have no chamferd edge like the standard wheels have so the little rond retainingclip that holds be disc in place when the wheel is off was in between of the disc and the wheel... :hide:

on the left side where i heard the sound the clip was already scorched from rubbing in between of disc and wheel.

verry happy i found it, only having bought a caliper and not something more expensive to solve it :funny:

Back