Exhaust choices

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muz1234

My back box is pretty rusty,am I right in saying it needs to be cut out as its the original. Any recomendation an a good replacement without spending a fortune

Hi, I got the Klarius backbox from Eurocarparts Shop on eBay back in 2018 and as I recall it was about 20% cheaper than ordering from the Euro Car Parts own site, or in-store. Sadly the Shop only seems to do exhaust gaskets, hangers & pastes, etc., but no actual exhaust parts any more.

When I got it, the Shop listed it as Klarius (FE683E). It lasted fine for over 3 years, until "The End" 😭 and had a decent looking tail pipe. I fitted it myself and I think I just manipulated the three hanging rods very slightly, to try to get the tailpipe as close to centre as possible, although it wasn't that far off to begin with, to be fair.

It sounded good, probably the best standard aftermarket one I had, since the original factory fit clamshell silencer went on its rusty way! The previous one I'd fitted was a Bosal, but I think the Klarius was better - and it's made in the UK!

Don't necessarily go for the cheapest (or expensive, for that matter), as they're certainly not all created equally. The first one I got replaced at an exhaust centre, after the factory fit rusted away, had an ugly "stretched / widened" end and sounded absolutely terrible - it really BOOMED between about 2,500 - 3,500 revs (so constant at Motorway speed). I complained about the noise and after a test drive out in it, they agreed and replaced it! (y)

Latest posts

Back