Finally seen the light...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redexr

Hello forum people.

I've been into my Fiesta XR2's for a very long time having owned a new one in 1988 and my current C reg one since 1992.

I've always liked the Puma since it was introduced and I was lucky enough to spend a day thrashing them round Silverstone when they were introduced in 1997. They had a fleet of white 1.7's. A few years ago my wife got a 51 plate 1.7 in sttel blue with only 44K on the clock, then after 2 years she changed it for a Fiesta ST - she hated it after a while so it was sold and we found a grey 51 plate Thunder with just 29K on the clock and 1 lady owner from new. It still only has 32.5K on it over 2 years later.

Last weekend I Spotted this for sale on the side of the road about a mile from home on Sunday. MOT til end of month but needs work to pass again and taxed till end of year. Bought it on the spot as it'll go on sorn from October and with the tax claimback of over £50 the car will be under £200. Initial thoughts were to strip it for spares for the wifes Puma, but having looked at it now after getting it last night it only needs a patch of weld on the floor and offside inner sill and a few mechanical repairs at it can be MOT'd again. After years of welding up rusty mk2 Fiestas which at 15 years old were really in a bad way this Puma is a revelation especially as its covered 153K. I managed to add it as a temp car on my main car for 10 days so been out in it today and it still pulls just as well as the wifes car.

2 owners from new - 7 years each - and all the original handbooks/3 keys/ and lots of paperwork.

Now deciding what to do with it. FRP bodykit or standard show worthy rebuild.

wifes steel blue car

wifes current Thunder

Hello and welcome! Lots of work to make the front track wider for the FRP arches. So depends how far you want to go! Welcome :-D

cheers all, and yes BEX is still looking rather nice.

10th Concours class win since 1996 at Fordfair this year

Latest posts

Back