For Sale: Green 1.7 Puma 2000 reg - Spares or Repair

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christovftw

Reluctant spares or repair sale due to cost of MOT simply too high to warrant full repairs - estimated at £900, car cost me that around June last year.
Would be a great car to break down or actually restore if someone had the love to do so.
Runs absolutely fine, if it weren't for the MOT failure, would make a nice track or project car.
Bodywork is in great condition, brand new tyres a few months ago.
Some scuffs to the interior.

Failures as below:
nearside rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded Axle beam mount (2.4.A.3)
offside rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded Axle beam mount (2.4.A.3)
nearside rear Radius arm rubber bush deteriorated resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)
offside rear Radius arm rubber bush deteriorated resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)
nearside front Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)
Parking brake: efficiency below requirements (3.7.B.7)
Exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content after 2nd fast idle excessive (7.3.D.3)
Exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content at idle excessive (7.3.D.4)
Advisory notice item(s)
offside front Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)

Pickup from Milton Keynes, Looking for £200

Picture at the link below, it's the green one....
Can supply more pictures if required.
https://goo.gl/photos/6Gik2Yziair5RVRr8

In case it makes this more attractive to anyone, the MOT doesn't run out until the 13th of May, so it wouldn't need trailering until after that.

Pity, I was after another green one, but this is too far gone, I reckon. If it helps, if you can get it to Orpington (where I have a storage place), I'll give you better than scrap value, plus a good meal and train fare home.

Christovftw said:
[post]351396[/post] l repairs - estimated at £900, car cost me that around June last year.
This site is good before you buy anything in future - https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/ and gives a good indication, as here, of possible/definite problems ahead.

Frank said:
[post]351429[/post] In case it makes this more attractive to anyone, the MOT doesn't run out until the 13th of May, so it wouldn't need trailering until after that.

Pity, I was after another green one, but this is too far gone, I reckon. If it helps, if you can get it to Orpington (where I have a storage place), I'll give you better than scrap value, plus a good meal and train fare home.

Christovftw said:
[post]351396[/post] l repairs - estimated at £900, car cost me that around June last year.
This site is good before you buy anything in future - https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/ and gives a good indication, as here, of possible/definite problems ahead.

I'd probably take you up on that Frank.... Not too sure I'm OK to drive it though as the latest mot is a fail. Yes the last valid one is 13th May but doesnt the failure over write that?

Yes, as soon as a car fails the MOT it must now not be driven on public roads except when going to a garage for a pre-booked MOT. Seems unless you are confident of an easy pass, it no longer pays to MOT your car a month early!!

Christovftw said:
[post]351447[/post]

I'd probably take you up on that Frank.... Not too sure I'm OK to drive it though as the latest mot is a fail. Yes the last valid one is 13th May but doesnt the failure over write that?
I wouldn't steer you wrong. Put your reg. number into here - https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/ and you'll see you're taxed until the 1st of June and MOT'd until the 13th of May.

That is the database that roadside checks and ANPR use and nothing else. ANPR is far more concerned with stolen vehicles and no insurance and we can all see why....and not where some guy is going to get their car repaired. That's why you don't see lines of trailers queuing up outside of MOT only stations...people drive them away to get repaired.

Still, the offer is there and at least it wouldn't be scrapped or broken up.

orchid66 said:
[post]351457[/post] Yes, as soon as a car fails the MOT it must now not be driven on public roads except when going to a garage for a pre-booked MOT. Seems unless you are confident of an easy pass, it no longer pays to MOT your car a month early!!
Why not just check your facts before posting? - http://www.motangel.co.uk/article/driving-without-mot-mot-faqs/

As it is, I've decided against that motor and I bet that'll be yet another Puma going off to scrap.

WOW! Didn't mean to offend Frank Just talking from personal experience this year but I see since Feb 16 DVLA have since reversed their information and now say that your car can be driven to and from MOT and repair centre.

This is not a general discussion topic, I will be cleaning these comments up shortly.

If you wish to discuss the in's and out's of MOTs then please do so in another area of the forum.

Thanks.

Red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back