General parts question

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rnnicol

Hi Folks,
I was wondering if any of you have the following information:=

1)I'm currently dealing with the underside of my car and got it stripped, most of the clips that hold the handbrake, fuel lines etc are broken, does anybody have a list of the parts needed and quantity required to replace these.

2) I've done the St150 front and St170 rear disk upgrades(still to bleed and test) I read somewhere that the flexi brake lines from the caliper to the copper pipe is not long enough, so what do I need.

3) I've removed the exhaust system, including the manifold, what system should I replace this with, for road use only, so will need a cat. If you keep to the one brand, can you buy in parts, when funds allow, or are you better getting all at once. (I will be fitting a frp inlet manifold, if this makes a difference)

4) heat shields for the exhaust is either missing or has big holes in them, can you get these from Ford, any idea how much. Or is there another source.

Thanks for taking the time.

I got all new heat shields from Ford a few years ago. Was not cheap! About £130 I seem to remember.

Hi
If you have a good parts man at your local Ford dealer as we have in Huddersfield some of the clips are still available. Take photos of the area where the clips were and spend time with the parts guy.
For the rear calipers I used Goodridge lines from Kit spares direct, there are two different length lines listed just see what suits you.
Not sure about the exhaust but either Miltek, FRP (if you can get it) or standard are the only ones with a Cat, I think. but the FRP inlet manifold will be a waste of time and money without (at least!!!!) a four branch manifold.
The heat shields can be repaired by fixing them in place with washers cut out from aluminium plate/sheet.
Barry

Thanks for the info, I will be fitting a four branch manifold, as the std exhaust was rusted through, infact it fell apart when I was taking it of, TBH I got the frp inlet manifold as I thought it would be a nice thing to have, a would look cool. With the wider kit. But I may be wrong.

Latest posts

Back