intermitent indicator stalk problem

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomwk12000

I have just dicovered a problem with my puma. when turning on the lights the clock lights and the rear lights do not come on. the open door alarm also does not work. I found if you flick the indicator stalk all the lights come on agan. So i tried to fix it today before ordering a new part.

Just for safety i disconnected the battery and left it for half hour so that there was no chance the airbag would go off.
I took the whole stalk unit apart and cleaned all the contacts and tracks this was unnecessary but i thought as it was out it made sense to give it a clean. Be carfull if u are going to do this as there are lots of little bits that can fall out everywhere.

I have read on other sites that spraying wd40 or contact cleaner around the light switch should work but it didnt really fix my problem. you can disassemble the stalk by popping off the end and taking the rotating switch apart. To do this get a flat screw driver and put it between the end of the stalk with the indicator symbol on and the roating switch. The end should come off quite easily. Then the switch should just slide off. there are 2 little sprung lugs one in each side of the stalk. doing this gives you accses to the contacts so that you can give them a good clean with contact cleaner and wire wool. then just reassemble the stalk and all the lights work again

Latest posts

Back