New Ford Car Show, Santa Pod. Looks interesting

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trublustu

Just got wind of this little `do`
http://www.fordfestshow.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Might well be a good day...

Hi Stu
Just to give you a heads up if you've never been to Santa Pod before if it's going to be a big show get there early or you'll be waiting for a long time to get in. We went to the Classic Ford show there last year and ended up leaving our car in the nearest village and walking in 5 miles each way (we arrived at 10AM). I'm not going to Santa Pod again until they revise their method of getting people in.
Barry

I`ve not been to Santa Pod before and would probably be camping if I were to do this one.
Any one camped there for a busy show?

I've been to Santa pod once. Think we arrived about 7am and it was already queuing. The camp site was heaving too. Don't know the details though as I didn't arrange it

I don't do camping but there seemed to be a lot of people there camping at the Classic Ford show so I should imagine it's pretty good for that. Can't see you getting much sleep, though :grin:
Barry

I wouldn`t mind taking the car down a drag strip, I may go just to have a crack at this.
With it being their first show visitor numbers may not be silly..

You'll be ok if you're camping the night before and with it being a Ford do it'll be a great atmosphere.
Barry

this show has been set up due to classic ford enforcing criteria on car age of pre 91 for exhibitors, so really it will be a mini ford fair 2, I have already booked my club in for this

If someone wants to pick up the reins and organise a club stand, you have my blessing.

The alternative is that I organise, and post tickets outs out to everyone. However, you will have to pay for the postage etc.

Physically getting out of Santa Pod always puts me off going again. Unless you're the very first, or the very last it can take hours :(

I've been to Santa Pod twice, once to a RWYB (camped) and once to Classic Ford Show. Both times there was nothing particularly special about the in or out queues, nothing worse than FordFair.

Yeah we might give it a go. Would be cool if we could get enough people to go to warrant a project puma stand??

It`s a good run for me, I`m up for it though..
I think we should see just how many people are interested and see about a club stand..

Latest posts

Back