Our Puma Thunder needs a new owner

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLC

Puma Supporter
I should start by admitting that my wife and I are car nuts, but we try to hide it.

Cars used to be a tool to get to work or transport the kids to school.

Then Ford started advertising the first Puma, it didn't take long for the newspaper advert to be on the fridge. Within a month we had one and it was the start of a love affair. However a couple of years later the puma was swapped for a Mercedes SLK which still had lots going for it but is a two seater, we still have an SLK but not the same one.

Move on to ten years ago and we fancied a Puma again (as a fun car) and I found a Thunder about 50 miles from home. We went to see the car and both drove it. It came home with us and we have loved it every day.

I don't think it has ever let us down. However the rust problem like on all the cars has been a problem along the way.

We have done 22000 miles in total in the 10 years of ownership and around 3800 miles in the last 4 years and finally 400 miles in the last year.

The time has come to pass on the baton, the recent MOT failure shows what work is required. My garage suggests that someone in the club capable of doing the work themselves will probably want to buy the car with the aim of repairing the car and then selling it on at a profit.

Hopefully the above makes some sense. If you want to view the MOT results you need the registration number which is currently L5WYS.

Sorry for the long message

Mark

(Pictures link)
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AiTzPYCgHtW8iJEdwaoKnmNpNZEtkQ

Latest posts

Back