Puma 20th Anniversary @ Ford Fest Santa Pod Sept 17th

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So that you all know that we've tried to get something sorted for the Puma's 20th Anniversary, this is the email trail.

Jessica Harvey <[email protected]> said:
21 Jul

Hi Cherie,

I believe you have been speaking to a member of our team regarding an anniversary display.

As my colleague has explained we are unable to put together another anniversary display for Ford Fair at this late stage.

However, it could possibly be something we could do at Ford Fest.

At this current point in time I will be unable to see if this is something we can go ahead with as obviously we are focused on Ford Fair at this current point in time.

What we usually do is ask the club and their members to book all of their tickets and then we decide what anniversary we could put together.

As mentioned, I cannot promise that this is something that we can do and I will be unable to look into it until after Ford Fair.

That being said, if you would like to make your bookings if you are planning to attend, and I can look into it from there.

Again, I cannot promise that this anniversary display is something we can do ahead with but I can definitely look into it.

Kind Regards,

Jessica
Cherie <[email protected]> said:
21 Jul

Hi Jessica

We do not currently have a password to be able to book tickets, as Ford Fest is not usually a show that the club attends. We have had some interest, but this has been on the possibility of an anniversary display.

Could you get us set up with access to book tickets, and we can go from there?

I do hope that something can be arranged, as the Puma always seem to get forgotten or ignored.

Many thanks
Cherie
Jessica Harvey said:
21 Jul

Hi Cherie,

No problem, I have now set this up for you.

Your club password is - puma17

As mentioned I will look into the anniversary display for you but I cannot promise anything.

We do not want you to feel forgotten – so I will try my best to sort this for you.

Kind Regards,

Jessica

Jessica Harvey
15:22 (20 hours ago)

Hi Jessica

We're a couple of weeks on from Ford Fair now, so I was hoping to have heard back about whether something can be done for the Puma at Ford Fest?

I won't be able to attend the show (I'll be out of the country), but we have a kind volunteer who will be doing the organising on my behalf. So if you could copy Rob in on all emails, we should be able to get something organised.

Many thanks
Cherie
Jessica Harvey said:
10:26 (1 hour ago)

Hi Cherie,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately we aren’t able to accommodate an anniversary display at FordFest this year.

Of course, we do still hope you have a great day.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Kind Regards,

Jessica

Jessica Harvey
11:25 (6 minutes ago)

to Jessica, robarthur
Hi Jessica

I have to say, I'm extremely disappointed to receive your email. After stating that you don't want us to feel the Puma has been forgotten, we're now being completely snubbed? Is the Puma not important enough? Or is the club not big enough?

I've heard nothing but complaints since Kelsey Media took over the running of Ford Fair and other associated hows, so I don't know why I expected any kind of help for this. Hopefully, by the time the 25th anniversary of the Puma comes around, either Kelsey Media will have improved their show planning.

Regards
Cherie

In short, it's too late for them to give us a stand in a prominent location, and change any of the publicity, even though there is still 3 or 4 weeks before the actual date of the show. Another fail from Kelsey Media.

I've heard nothing but complaints since Kelsey Media took over the running of Ford Fair and other associated hows, so I don't know why I expected any kind of help for this. Hopefully, by the time the 25th anniversary of the Puma comes around, either Kelsey Media will have improved their show planning.

Ooo burn! It really is a complete shambles, isn't it? It isn't their first rodeo so they really ought to have learned from last year how to deal with everything a lot more smoothly.

Kudos to you, Cherie, and Rob; thank you for fighting our corner!

After my slightly scathing email, Kelsey Media had miraculous change of heart.

Jessica Harvey said:
24 Aug

Hi Cherie,

Apologies it has taken me a while to come back to you.

I have managed to push to get this space for you and succeed. I am pleased to say that we will be able to offer you anniversary stickers (that I can send in advance to then use at the show) and a club story on our website.

As mentioned, I really do care about your club and anniversary and as promised you are not forgotten and definitely not snubbed.

If you are happy to go ahead with this, please can you write a short story about your club and send this over with some pictures for the website.

Can I confirm that this is the 20th anniversary for the Ford Puma?

Kelsey Media and myself really do try to please who we can and I really do hope that you know that this is true.

Kind Regards,

Jessica

http://www.fordfestshow.co.uk/ford-puma-20th-year-anniversary-display

I had to smile to myself at this line though: "At this years FordFest we will be celebrating 20 years of the Ford Puma and inviting Project Puma to put on an impressive display to mark this significant milestone!" As if they'd have done anything without me pushing for it...

At the risk of sounding like a teenage groupie, you are my hero :grin: Thank you for making sure the Puma gets the recognition it deserves on its anniversary!

well done for all your hard efforts.

unfortunatly we havent been able to do any shows this year and have a wedding to attend a few days after santa pod anyway.

I hope you get a few more puma's, next year we shall be attending a few shows

peace be the journey

Back