Puma Black no odometer or speed? Help

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewwhite2009

Hi all, very new to this brilliant site! Just bought a 2000 black, the car is mint however has a few issues.
1st is the speed dial is always at zero, so I don't know how fast i am going? I am assuming this is linked to the odometer as I have covered around 20 miles and that hasn't moved either. Have tried the dial test described on other threads, however it is still the same.
2nd is when I'm idyling (say going round a corner or coming up to traffic lights) the engine cuts out and I have to hastily turn the ignition again?

All was working fine when I test drove it, however the clutch was slipping. This was changed prior to me purchasing - is it linked in anyway?

Any help would be appreciated.

Andy

if they changed the clutch then take the car back as they havnt connect the speedo sensor,which may also be causing the other problems aswell,also check connection on powersteering pipes as that is a common electrial fault also

All sorted now. Thanks for the response Martin. A trapped sensor wire was the fault in the end. I will post some pics tomorrow

The ECU uses the speed signal to know when you are coming to a standstill, so it can increase idle air volume. If it doesn't know that, it doesn't know what frequency to send to the idle control valve.

I've been having similar issues, my speedo reads about 3 times the speed due to a gearbox change, and it idles really high unless I come to a complete standstill.

Latest posts

Back