removing cat/downpipe

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

needspeed

hi, whats the best way of removing the cat on a 1.7.
i,ve undo the bolts that connect it to the manifold but how do you get to the bolts that holds it further down.
also will the cat drop down pass the driveshaft as it looks a bit big to fit through.cheers

Hi, im new here, and it was a while ago that you posted this, but if you havent figured it out yet, the cat is too big to get past the driveshaft at the bottom, and too big to get past the engine!! So what i did, was take out the threaded bolts that hold your manifold on, so youve got a little more clearence, thentake off the earth wire that goes across from the engine to the body, then undone the engine mount, and pushed the whole engine forward, and the cat comes out! There might be an easier and quicker way to do this, but i was on my drive and didnt want to take driveshafts out!

I found a guide for it on ZSOC. Your basically spot on there, you need to remove the rear engine mounts and push the engine forwards. Its more fiddly than anything.

One thing to be very careful of though if you are going to do this, is make sure you take the speedo transducer out of the gearbox, as i was trying to rush and couldnt be bothered, and ended up snapping the top off, and having to get another 1!!

Latest posts

Back