Richard at Tremona Garage, Southampton - epic workmanship

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evilrob

Recently bought a Thunder, wanted to get it perfect before daily use, took it to the universally acclaimed Richard at Tremona Garage, Southampton:

Tremona Garage
Unit 4 Manor House Avenue,
SOUTHAMPTON,
SO15 0LF
023 80775829
http://www.tremonagarage.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Richard gave it a full service, replaced the nearside wishbone, bushes all round, aux belt, cam rocker cover gasket, nearside rear wheel bearing, rear brake shoes and wipers all round.

I was delighted when I received the car back with lots of nice little touches - he'd replaced missing plastic caps to exposed interior screws, tightened up the glovebox, greased the doors, oiled the locks as they'd seized up a bit (cos no-one ever uses them when you've got a remote), fixed a nasty rattle behind the dash and even put in the bulbs I had left in the glovebox that I was planning on putting in myself at no extra charge - the car came back practically perfect. I thought it drove well before I took it in, but by comparison she was like a wheezing old lady prior to the Richard treatment - had me smiling all the way home - acceleration, brakes (handbrake in particular is nice and tight now), handling, gear changes - everything is tighter and more responsive.

If you're in the South - Tremona is the only place to take your Puma as far as I'm concerned. While in their office, I noticed they have a box folder dedicated to paperwork for all the Pumas they look after! If anyone knows what the boys at Tremona drink, I'll have to send them something. Couldn't be happier with their service or workmanship.

Its good Richard does preventative maintenance while working on the car... i always used to take my FRP there :)

spike. said:
Its good Richard does preventative maintenance while working on the car... i always used to take my FRP there :)

Agreed, every Ford I own fast or not ends up at Tremona, my old FRP always went there.

ScubaSteve said:
not sure how the gear change is tighter lol but sounds good

lol - poor grammar on my part - should have put "tighter and/or more responsive". From the moment I opened the door, everything was better than when I left it, basically! :thumbs:

Are you still polishing knobs, sir?

Back