*Sold* Ford Racing Puma 0201 - £3800 *Sold*

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

red

Administrator
Staff member
Ford Racing Puma 0201

Mileage: 84,000
MOT: 10/09/2011
Tax: 30/06/2012
Price £3800

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

Welcome to my advert, I've owned this car since January 2009. I now feel the time is right to part with it for something with a little bit more space for two reasons; I do a lot of driving for work so would like a Diesel for this task and secondly our buggy doesn't fit in my boot which makes it quite awkward if our Fiesta is out and I need to go out with our little girl.

HPI Clear, cosmetically this car is in better condition than some for it's age with only the usual stones chips, no dents or noticeable scratches. There's very little rust compared to some others I've seen too.

Members on here will actually vouch for this as it won ProjectPuma best car in show only last month.

I've taken the car to numerous shows and meets around the Country.

It's in mostly original condition, standard stereo, Racing Puma floor mats, standard wheels. The only noticeable modifications are the Miltek tailpipe, alcantara gear and handbrake gaiters and the smoked side repeaters which I prefer over the standard orange.

The car has a TOAD alarm which was fitted by a previous owner and does work, to be honest I'd take this out if I were keeping it as it's not very well fitted into the car.

The car starts first time every time and always has throughout my ownership. The two tyres have a reasonable tread on them and the front two are on the wear markers, the whole interior is in great condition with no tears and I had tailor made seat covers produced which I'd say look like they came from the factory. This has only been to protect these seats as I use the car for commuting to work.

During my ownership I've had a lot of parts replaced including the cambelt, inlet manifold gasket, head gasket, thermostat, both thermostat seals, water pump, both camshaft seals, crankshaft seal, aux belt, lower arm bolts, exhaust manifold (2nd hand), exhaust cat back (2nd hand), front arb bushes, rear axle bushes, front wheel bearings, lambda sensor, heater control valve, all four suspension top mounts, both rear ABS sensors including the wiring. Before my ownership in 2008 it also had a clutch and slave kit from Pumabuild.

The brakes were serviced in September 2009 by Chris (eldude) which included a full strip clean and rebuild, new bridge pipe, new Textar pads and new Alcon Discs.

I'd be pricing this car at £5000 if it wasn't without fault, however since I'm very honest the car does have a couple of problems. Since I've had it it's used more oil than it should, I've just always checked the level every week and topped up as required. The engine is noisier than it should be, I'm not sure what it is but I thought I'd mention it. The front left brake has a sticky piston causing pad to disk contact so the brakes require a strip and clean which I've been meaning to see Chris (eldude) about. Something in the exhaust is rattling. The passenger side Window is slow. For these faults I'm taking £1200 off of the asking price.

I have some brand new 30mm spacers with the correct bolts which I had intended to fit which I will include, also I have two original tailpipes should you want to get the tip welded for that more original look.

If you have any questions at all then please don't hesitate to contact me through PM or email ([email protected])

I'm always around so you'll have prompt answers to questions.

This is the only place the car is currently advertised and since I'd rather it go to an enthusiast that will resolve it's fault I will actually accept a good lower offer from a member of the site.

The thread I created when I first bought the car can be found here: http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=49219#p49219" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Note: the private plate is not included since it's quite person specific. It will be put back on a DVLA assigned plate.

Thanks Ross, part of me doesn't want to let it go but the other part has been telling me I should have after our daughter was born last February :)

sorry to hear this but priorities ae a must!

Good Luck with the sale, sure it won't hang around long at that price for its conition :eek:k:

Sad to see this mate. But understand the reasons :)

Good luck with the sale. Absolute bargain price, make sure noone doesn't buy it to break it, could be abit too cheap :/

sorry to hear it has to go, i had to do the same with my standard puma 8 years ago, for the same reason, luckily time moves on and i now have a diesel tank and an frp. Maybe one day you will get another.
Good luck

Simon

Now also on PistonHeads: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2992448.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More pictures will follow.

Pictures below to show the rear arches and wing joins in more detail.

As I say it's got minor surface rust on the edges but no bubbling, the off side wing join has a small bubble but this is where the water always drains through. The arches and sill are in better condition than a lot I've seen.

Near side rear wing
IMG_0945.jpg

Near side wing join
IMG_0946.jpg

Off side rear wing
IMG_0947.jpg

Off side wing join
IMG_0950.jpg

If you have any questions please continue to ask.

Now on eBay!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320723410163" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back