Supercharged Puma Trackcar

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumc

I've decided to put my Puma up for sale, I'll be emigrating within the next 12 months so it needs to go. Although there's no rush, I thought I might aswell list it now.

I bought it 3 years ago with 2 previous lady owners, FSH and about 60k on the clock, its now on around 74k. Since then it's had quite alot of work, the first 18 months was just maintenance and servicing, but since then its been turned into a track/fast road car. To explain the full ins and outs of whats been done would take forever, if you read on and are interested in the car then id recommend coming to have a look, or we can talk over the phone and I can explain the details of exactly what and how things have been done. Current rough spec/condition is as follows.

Car currently has mot until around may I believe, will have a full years ticket on it for the new owner though.

Engine: std 1.7 internally with eaton M45 supercharger, FMIC, auxilary FPR and 5th injector. ashley competition exhaust manifold, with 2.25 downpipe into 2.25" magnex FRST stainless system, no cat. Within the last 1000 or so miles its had new timing belt kit, water pump, aux belt idler and tensioners. It's also had a new OEM clutch kit, all in the last thousand miles or so. theres a rattle which I think is a worn crank thrust bearing, aka crank walk. I have a rebuilt engine waiting to go in which can go with the car. The car makes around in around 170-180bhp.

Suspension: Refurbed H&R coilovers, which had new spring cups, and retainers etc. The front are the larger diameter, around 40mm, which although I dont have specs on, are normally used for heavy duty/race spec units. These are stamped as Bilstein but labelled as H&R. Polybushed rear axle, with 20mm spacers, new(ish) OEM front lower arms, ARB link arms, and new strut top bearings all round.

Brakes: New Pagid shoes and cylinders at the back, along with EBC pads up front. Calipers were stripped, cleaned and regreased upon fitment. System runs ATE Super blue racing brake fluid.

Std 9 spoke wheels in pretty decent condition, wearing toyo T1Rs allround. The fronts are probably at 50% and the rears a little more. Still tons of life left in them.

Body/Shell: The interior is FULLY stripped. No heater, air con, radio, trim, sound deadening. Electric windows and mirrors remain. The dash has been cut down and it has oil pressure, boost and AFR gauges (innovate, MTXL iirc). Battery has been relocated to the exhaust tunnel under the dash. Deep dish steering wheel, original seats with sabelt 6 point, 3" harness and DiY box section harness bar/rear strut brace. the car weighs approx 900kgs (940 with 1/2 tank, a load of tools, trolley jack, and spare oil and water.)

The shell itself is pretty solid compared to a few I've seen. There has been one plate on one rear sill, in the area above the rear beam mount. There is some rust showing around the seat mounts inside but its solid. Both rear arches were rusty but I've repaired the worst one (chopped out the rust, welded in a new panel, repainted the 1/4) and have the panel to repair the other, which I will be doing before the sale unless someone is keen to take it in the next week or so. Theres also some rust showing on the drivers door at the bottom, and the usual small dents/scratches you'd expect on a car of this age. Paint isnt great, its no show car, but its not meant to be a show car!

I had planned to fit the new engine, along with an Eaton M62 and megasquirt that I have in my lockup, aiming for around 230-240bhp. I had the loom for the megasquirt almost sorted and was sent out of the country for work in September, got back at the weekend! So I havn't had time to do the work, and don't see the point now if I'm just gonna sell it and not enjoy it. Those bits along with a ton of other bits and pieces I have, including spare intercoolers, gearboxes, an inlet with bigger throttle body, spare ancils, allsorts, will all be available to the new owner with a bit of negotiation on price depending what they might want.

asking price is £2000, or offers/deals on the car with extras/spares included.

my number is 07781 384 202. If anyones interested drop me a text and we can arrange a time to talk about the car and arrange a viewing and test drive. The car is sort of an on going project, I've done alot to it, but theres still alot of scope to develop it.

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

5CF47826-6CF6-43EA-8D33-27030EBC557D.jpg

DDC99442-DEC0-4F1D-9390-4550BABAB8E9.jpg

449EBF88-21C2-4BE0-95DC-BEC2ACDC8FB0.jpg

Aww, that's to bad :/ sorry to se it go... I actualy wish I could buy it from you, so I could put the engien in mine :)

Good luck on the sale, somone is getting a cool, and unique Puma here :)

cheers mate :) hopefully someone will take an interest and take it off me, and continue to enjoy it and develop it. ill be sad to see it go, its easily the best driving car ive ever owned. im sure once someone comes for a look and a test drive theyll have a hard time walking away haha! its a suprisingly quick and very capable car, everyone whos been in it or driven it has been impressed with it.

Back