Vinyl Wrap?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hall1973

Hi, has anyone done a vinyl wrap as close to moondust silver as possible? If yes, what were the results like?

Many thanks

I was watching Yianni the car
wrapping man on channel 5 and wondering how a Puma would look in a rose gold wrap, I saw them put it on a Mclaren this week.
Bit girly but then I am a girly, though the wrap was £200 a metre!

You may be able to do something with Photo manipulation software to see how it looks, but I have no idea how to use such software.

Hi, has anyone done a vinyl wrap as close to moondust silver as possible? If yes, what were the results like?

Many thanks
did think of this for one of my cars but heard the body work needs to be really good as you probably know and heard they dont last that long? be intersted to see the results of one

What was interesting is the Mclaren came wrapped in a colourless see through wrap to protect the original paintwork though of course it was brand new and immaculate under that. It had to come iff before the rise gold could go on.

The clear wrap was developed by 3M in the Vietnam war to protect the leading edges of helicopter rotor blades. It is self healing, it can be rubbed with 120 grit parer and within a day or two it is as new.
This for a Puma would be about 3.5K. My printed wrap was 2.5K a plain colour wrap would have been about 1.3K.
Regards Richard.

The clear wrap was developed by 3M in the Vietnam war to protect the leading edges of helicopter rotor blades. It is self healing, it can be rubbed with 120 grit parer and within a day or two it is as new.
This for a Puma would be about 3.5K. My printed wrap was 2.5K a plain colour wrap would have been about 1.3K.
Regards Richard.
Maybe after the welding and respray I will get the 3M wrap for my bonnet to keep the stone chips at bay!
I used to live in the same road as Yianni and he once offered to wrap the Puma! I had only seen the matt black wrap then (it was when I had first got it in about 2009) and I didn't fancy that and didn't know there was anything else at the time!

Back