Water Moving Sound while in gear

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dani231099

Hi guys. I have a problem again.
When I'm not into any gear, my car is acting normal. The brake pedal is hard, the clutch pedal is just fine. Nothing strange, not hearing any sounds.
The problem is, about 2 days ago, my brake fluid pump started to leak right in the middle of the connection with the big circle metal box near fusebox, under the bonnet.
When i am in gear, nothing seems unnatural. But when the car is moving in any gear, it starts making a noise like a shaked bottle of water.
It feels moving faster as i keep accelerating. When i decelerate, my car's clutch i think, starts squeaking.
If i have like any speed and i press the clutch and take it to neutral, it stops any sound.
I think it s a problem with the clutch or with the gear box. Because if it was mechanical, i would hear the sound even when i m not in a gear. But if it's in neutral, nothing sounds worse anymore.
What do you think?
I don't wanna drive it anymore because i'm scared i will keep making the situation worse. Those sounds are awful.
Please help thanks.

Hi Dani
I am not sure if I understand your description fully. For instance "The problem is, about 2 days ago, my brake fluid pump started to leak right in the middle of the connection with the big circle metal box near fusebox, under the bonnet."

1) Do you mean there was a brake fluid leak where the brake pipe joins the master cylinder fitted to the black servo ?
If so, has that leak been fixed and have you then bled the brakes of air?
If not, perhaps the ABS module is making that noise.
The weird thing though is that you say the brake pedal feels normal?

Does the ABS lights on the dash initially come on when you turn the ignition on and after a few seconds go out ( as they should do)?

2)Another possibility is have you checked that you have the correct oil level in the gearbox ? Because if that has leaked out from the seals on the diff and it's bone dry , it would make some nasty noises when you are moving

Thanks for answering, seems that it's the clutch kit that s making me problems.. i'll try funding some money and repair my Puma.. can't see it hurt like that.. thanks a lot!

Back