Which Luk Part Number - Focus 1.8 Clutch

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grayfox

Gona go for a 1.8 focus clutch either LUK or Sachs, never heard anything bad about LUK so that's alright with me..

however there's two different part numbers for 1.8 focus LUK clutch kits (no slave cylinder) on eBay

this one - 623297609 - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330773074128?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this one - 623312409 - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320790905209?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

might sound silly but which one do I want to be ordering?

Thanks

The focus clutch is like treading on Dog **** .. :wink:

even if you fit it..(god knows why :roll: ) you'll still need the standard puma release bearing for your PUMA gearbox.. :lol:

if you read the 2nd item it does say tdci,thats for a tractor powered focus, :eek:k:
nothing wrong with fitting a 1.8 clutch,ive got 1 and its covered 82k and still ok for now

what? :roll: your saying Ford fitted a clutch from a 1.8 100hp focus to your puma on the production line..mm, don't think so ... Believe it or not when a car is designed and tested they ACTUALLY fit parts to the car which are APPROPRIATE to the power ouput of the car... hence why there is actually a Puma clutch and a focus one and NOT JUST ONE CLUTCH FOR EVERY IB5 box!.. LOL!

'CORRECT FOR THE CAR' eldood....

yes the puma 1.7 125bhp clutch is FINE and was well tested for the 125bhp puma.....

but if youv upped the power or torque then you need something bigger. the frp WAS NOT DEVELOPED properly (im speaking out as a qualified design / engineer against someone who plays a musical instrument) and if you want examples i will go into LOTS of details on why the frp was actually quite a shoddy build.

if you want a better clutch i highly recommend the oem feel of the 1.8 focus....its soft, it has road manners, its cheap, its a little bigger AND it has a lot more surface area....its perfect for the FRP, any puma with a little more power or any puma owner who wants something a little tougher and longer lasting....its the sensible choice.

Oh dear what have I done/started?? :shock: :-D

Ps - which of the 2 links should I buy if nobody minds? LOL. Steavie recommended the 1.8 to me, and if it's good enough for him in his beast it's good enough for me!

Latest posts

Back