Windows Phone 8, or stick with Android?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. . and then the Yip, slowly retreats, back into the cave to ready to attack the next style addicted tech head....
:-D

Now looking for a new mobile contract myself. Was contemplating getting a smart phone - either a Galaxy Xcover for £7 something a month or a Sony Tiro/Miro? for £8 something a month with UL minutes/texts on both (and whatever internet - I don't bother taking notice of that part :lol:)

I'm more in favour of sticking with my phone and getting a sim only for £3.08 a month for 600 minutes and UL texts (and whatever internet) on a 12 month contract, or my current provider - T-mobile/EE - have offered me a big discount to get down to £10 a month for UL minutes, texts and internet. Or they will make it £8 for 300 minutes, UL texts and internet, both being 12 month contracts.

She knows I rarely use the damn phone for anything yet they still try to push a crap load of stuff at you. :lol:

Anyway, after finally getting the PAC code 28 minutes into the call we said our goodbyes only for her to ring back 2 minutes later which I ignored. Text came saying she had found a better upgrade so I've emailed her for the details. TBH it'd be nice to stay so I don't have to mess around with redemptions but the biggest reason for leaving is voicemail charges by them which I mentioned in the email hoping to direct her to including free voicemail too :lol:

So lets see what she comes back with ;)

I think I'm going to order a Nexus 4 tonight. I like the idea of a Windows phone, but I also want to reduce the amount I spend on my contract, and to upgrade to a Lumia 920 will mean I'll be stuck on a £35+/month contract at least (my bill is usually over £50 a month, and hardly any of that is on calls).

With the Nexus, I can just bung my SIM in it, and when the contract is finally up in May, go onto a rolling 30 day one.

No idea what minutes/texts/data you need Neil but had a quick look for that lumia 920 and have posted a couple of links below out of the hundreds I found.

Phone is free in all cases, not sure how data works as I know some give UL browsing regardless and the data is for downloads. Might just be small print to confuse and make people accidently pay more. The first two below also come with unlimited WI-FI which I take to mean hotspots?

Anyway....
Monthly effective cost £27.88 for UL minutes & Texts with 1gb data
http://www.affordablemobiles.co.uk/contract-mobile-phones/orange/the_works_pound36/nokia/920_lumia/47817220.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Monthly effective cost £30.17 for UL minutes & Texts with 3gb data
http://www.affordablemobiles.co.uk/contract-mobile-phones/orange/the_works_pound41/nokia/920_lumia/47823820.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Or finally, how about this one for £31 monthly cost (no redemption to worry about!!!) with 'truly unlimited internet', 1000 minutes & UL texts....only downside I can see is it's T-mobile and they don't give free voicemail. As this one has no redemptions it can probably be found at all sites including T-mobile itself.
http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobile-phones/nokia/nokia-lumia-920/t-mobile/t-mobile-31-24mths-the-full-monty/14839353" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Thanks for everyone's input - I've just ordered a Google Nexus 4 16gb :)

I have just bought a Nexus 7 to run the navigation program for my aeroplane.

The thing I have been most impressed with is that over the past few days virtually everything that I have on my phone (Galaxy Note 2) has appeared on the Nexus as if by magic. Bookmarks, pictures, apps, everything.

Astonishing.

yippeekiay said:
Now looking for a new mobile contract myself. Was contemplating getting a smart phone - either a Galaxy Xcover for £7 something a month or a Sony Tiro/Miro? for £8 something a month with UL minutes/texts on both (and whatever internet - I don't bother taking notice of that part :lol:)

I'm more in favour of sticking with my phone and getting a sim only for £3.08 a month for 600 minutes and UL texts (and whatever internet) on a 12 month contract, or my current provider - T-mobile/EE - have offered me a big discount to get down to £10 a month for UL minutes, texts and internet. Or they will make it £8 for 300 minutes, UL texts and internet, both being 12 month contracts.

She knows I rarely use the damn phone for anything yet they still try to push a crap load of stuff at you. :lol:

Anyway, after finally getting the PAC code 28 minutes into the call we said our goodbyes only for her to ring back 2 minutes later which I ignored. Text came saying she had found a better upgrade so I've emailed her for the details. TBH it'd be nice to stay so I don't have to mess around with redemptions but the biggest reason for leaving is voicemail charges by them which I mentioned in the email hoping to direct her to including free voicemail too :lol:

So lets see what she comes back with ;)
I just took out a cheap contract and got me the Galaxy Xcover.. Its broken already. I have to have something heavy to hold down the mini usb into the phone, or it won't charge. Other than that its ok. I needed something that was water n dust resistant

Back