Puma Expenses

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm. Well, a year on from my original post and costings, the figures have of course changed again.

Car serviced yesterday with Brake Fluid, Discs and Pads and a leaking Drive Shaft Seal replaced. Another £570 invoice into the Puma-file. Man-maths kicked in when I explained to Mrs.T66 that it's a cheap car to run overall (12,000 miles per year, blah blah blah), totally forgetting that it's due an MOT next month and a big paintwork chip on the B-Pillar (which has turned rusty in the poor winter) which therefore needs painting/repairing will mean a little more expenditure to come. :oops:

Oh well.

Ford gave me a new Fiesta as a loan car for the night (as the wrong size Discs turned up - from the earlier Pumas, I suspect). Perfectly capable, well put together and overall it seemed a great little car. However...

...when I got my Puma back, my car immediately felt so much more mechanical, 'analogue', and sporty to drive in comparison with the Fiesta (not the ST version, to be fair). I smiled all the way home - I think it is only when you drive a different car (something I rarely do) that you realise how simple and perfect the Puma is as a driving experience. Maybe I don't mind the £570 bill after all.

I haven't spent much on the new Puma, its been a bit neglected to be honest. I'm hoping later on in the year some funds will be freed up and I can get some stuff done. I've only done 300 miles in it in the last 12+ months.

My old Puma however, the much missed KT, I must of spent well over £5000+ on that in my six years of ownership. Then I sold it for £700. :-(

DradusContact said:
[post]368271[/post]My old Puma however, the much missed KT, I must of spent well over £5000+ on that in my six years of ownership. Then I sold it for £700. :-(

Oooops... aren't you supposed to buy at £700 and sell for £5000??? :) We'll never get rich with these cars, will we? :lol:

MikeT66 said:
Oooops... aren't you supposed to buy at £700 and sell for £5000??? :) We'll never get rich with these cars, will we? :lol:

The Puma must go down in history as one of the most overlooked cards ever. Well, it would have to be noticed first in said overlooked list, if you get me?? :oops:

Where abouts in Manchester are you Mike, i'm in Widnes myself.

I'm in Altrincham. I think there may be a few from the north-west on here.

Was your first Puma modified, or was the £5k just on general upkeep? I know they can be run quite cheaply, but having an expensive wife-style means I'm used to blowing money unneccessarily, hence my own Puma bills! :lol: I'm sometimes tempted to make some changes on mine, but the 'problem' (though it isn't really a problem, if you know what I mean) is that Puma was 'perfect - straight out of the box' (as Top Gear said), so it seems there isn't a lot to improve on. I'd still like some nicer front seats, though - I still find lateral support isn't great, and the Millennium Recaro interiors are hard to source and usually really poor condition.

Lets see.

It was a standard 1.7, W reg, with the grey/blue type dash.

I got a full leather interior for it
Upgraded all the speakers and head unit
Changed all the interior lights to blue
Adjustable front suspension, semi adjustable rears
Poly bushes
4-2-1, Sport Cat and Cat Back system

Few other bits and bobs like tinted windows, smoked side repeaters etc. I was made up with it. Still kicking myself for selling her.

Sounds quite tastefully done. Is it still around? I was quite sad to find out my old KA (that I'd spent thousands on) was pretty much scrapped just a couple of years after I traded it for my Puma.

Tax check revealed Tax and MOT ran out in 2016+2017 respectively. It lived for another 6 years after me at least.

Latest posts

Back