Bit of an update on my recent acquisition!

General discussion area relating to the Ford Puma, any off topic or threads that are deemed chat/waffle will be moved to the relevant areas! Please keep ON TOPIC at all times.

Moderator: Moderators

Chrome4320
Model: Other

Post by Chrome4320 »

Gave the interior a ***thorough*** cleaning over the weekend:

(Dusty boot print I know)

(Very relieved to see the boot floor is pretty much pristine!)

The car is running perfectly now that I've got that ECU from lightning motorsports (cheers Chris and also Richard for the recommendation!) But the airbag light was still on...

Did some digging and found this:

Missing airbag module under the dash and both bolts are sheared off :D What's confusing me is that it looks like fiesta MK4/5 connectors and not the long rectangular connector of a puma? I did find this one on eBay but was hoping for some more experienced opinions before I get it on the way:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183951772567

Also I'm in need of a new bonnet release cable but haven't been able to find out if it's a standard fiesta item? Any comments or guidance is appreciated as ever!
1 x
red
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Model: Other

Post by red »

You need a nice set of mats in there too :grin:

You need to be careful to get compatible airbag components, even older to newer Puma can cause the light to come on, a pretty certain rule is that if the connector looks different then it's probably not compatible. (I had this when I changed a steering wheel and the airbag connector nearly fit except an extra tab, removed the tab, connected it and it didn't work). Probably more likely that a similar year Fiesta would have the same connectors, so maybe try and find one like that to compare with.

The seller you have linked to on that eBay ad is well respected in the Puma second hand parts market, he will advise you if you are unsure. (He's on here as Ian G)
0 x
FRP#0201 (2000) 2009-2011
Melina Blue (1999) 2006-2009
Moondust Silver (2000) 2006

Return to “Puma Area”