selling her is getting more appealing...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickydink

Ok so....i had:

- Passenger footwell leak (Still not sorted)
- Drivers window dropping out and not sticking in runners (Still to be sorted)
- Had a blowout Tuesday night (like to thank Cherie for ringing me to comfort me)
- Today leaving mums to get to work my steering felt very unsafe and juddery so i stopped. called AA who said it wasnt safe to drive and i had to be towed to a garage who have now said the rear bearings and shocks need sorting £145 :(

I am seriously thinking of starting looking around for a new car...

I used to love my car so much but things keep cropping up which are making me think is it rly worth the hassle!! I used to think it was :(

Oh dear, easy solution, trade her in for a younger PUMA

the dearest Puma on Autotrader last week was a PUMA Millennium with 10k on ?????

£145 is a superb price :) I would try comparing other manufacturers costs for the same job before changing, you will be shocked to discover how cheap ford parts are :cool:

Vicky, the problems you are having are not because it is a Puma...I suspect the car maybe had a hard early life which is now becoming apparent.

I think you should sell her but get another one, maybe older, but in better condition. I highly recommend a Milly in good condition :cool:

P7TNY said:
Oh dear, easy solution, trade her in for a younger PUMA

the dearest Puma on Autotrader last week was a PUMA Millenium with 10k on ?????
You can't get much younger, 'Dink's Puma is a 51 plate car.

Although as Colin says, you shouldn't find it hard to find one that's been better looked after, even if it is older.

Chin up Dink. Things seem bad when they're are going wrong. I was feeling as bad as you could when my engine went pop and my car was dead for nearly 2 months. Things get fixed.
How much would you loose from selling and buying another one? More than the cost of repair. Everytime you fix something, it's less to go wrong the next time. Virtually everything on mine that is a consumable has been replaced. Exhaust, brakes, suspension, bushes, clutch, gearbox overhaul, driveshafts, drop links, wheels etc etc.

You love your car really.. just remember that.

I got rid of my Roadster for similar reasons - quite a few issues all at once, but I realised after I sold her that I should have maybe soldiered on with her.

Now im wondering if I made the right decision

*hugs* hun as above really. Chin up. soldier on or get something else?

You may find alot of problems with another car too though!!

Vicky you might find that when you have the work done you'll love the car again!

I'm letting my lovely Puma go next week,it stressed me out a little that she is mint after having a new clutch and the paintwork done. I nearly kept her!

What you should ask yourself is, what better car would you get after? The only way is up! Lol.

*dribble*

Either that or a DC2 for me next :)

Chin up Vicky, I know where you're coming from. My first proper car (my Punto Sporting) went through a phase of breaking down every couple of months. It was only when the gearbox bearings disintigrated and cost me £600 for a rebuild did I finally cut my losses and sold it. I still miss it though. :(

Best bet I think is to look for a healthier model I think.

why you thinking about selling it though shocks and bearings will need replacing on any car you get their consumables and only last as long as they can take, the leak is proberly a grommit should be easy to sort out once you find the source and get a machanic to strip the door pbviously the window is not sitting as it should do you will get these problems with any car i brought my puma with a couple of problems and i have no problem with them cos soon they will be sorted out id love it if they wernt their even when i brought it but its a second hand car i expect to have to put some things right and once ive fixed them im expecting the next thing to come along parts and bits dont last forever no matter what car you get

IT DRIVES ALOT BETTER, THANKS EVERYONE..I WILL BE LOOKING AT SELLING BUT ONLY ONCE IVE SAVED UP AFTER LIVING WITH PARENTS FOR A BIT X

OH AND YEH IM NOT GNA GO DOWN INT HE MARKET, ONLY WAY IS UP AS STATED ABOVE!!

Back