Puma Baby wont start

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjcs67

Just got in to go for a drive. Turned key, ignition, oil, abs lights all came on and stayed on ...... turned ignition key .... nothing .... dead as a dodo !!! Flat battery maybe ???

Just rang the dealer I bought it from and he's on the way.

Keep fingers crossed for me, 1st car purchase and hope I've not messed up :((

If the lights came on then i wouldn't think its a flat battery, i don't have a clue what the problem could be though :-(

hope ya get it sorted

Poor puma it'll 90% likely be your starter motor like my msg on twitter said :) when i bought my puma happened to me about a week after i got it a nice simple fix really pumas starter motor is right in middle at front under car & its simply a matter of unplugging old one and fitting a new one in no more than hrs work for mechanic even if he has a cuppa :)

awww thanks, put on here in case you weren t on twitter lol , be a test of how good that dealer is I guess if he comes to sort it for me

will let you all know.

He should offer to do work id be suprised if u got it off dealer and he didnt at least give u a short term warrenty i thought warrentys were standard these days

Probably my fault, choosing a dealer I didnt know. Lesson learnt I guess, hopefully he will offer to fix it, if not know where the money I get for my Laguna will be going :((

Could still be the battery. The lights can come on sometimes when it's just a little too low to get the car to go.

If your stuck give me a shout.

Like i said my uncles only over in shaw near me and we should eb able to get in up and done in no time.

yeah good dealers are hard too come by but they do exist lol glad pumas back on the road :thumbs:

Cool.

Hows cleo going now? having fun?

I think there might be a meet over in warrington (bit of trek) week after next if ya fancy

Most prob just be 4-5 of us from round the nw

Cleo's doing good now thanks, had a good drive this afternoon on all road types, was fun !!!! Everyone seems to love them, was stopped next to a police car and even they were looking her over and smiling.

Not sure if I'm working over that weekend but if not may drive over, where is it in Warrington ?

its in the meet's section on here- in april the m56 meet. Its on thursday evening, just a get together chat bit of food.

Latest posts

Back