Private Plates

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjcs67

Hi all

Having had Puma Baby a week I now find myself looking at private plates for her after a friend suggested she had one already as looks too good to be a W reg ....

SUE 1 a bit out of my price range at £139,000 but there are quite a few S 222 UEY plates around the £300 mark.

Does anyone have private plates or what are your thoughts on them ??? Just curious ....

i'm thinking about one for bee. I think they look good and with the puma's design still looking good now it helps make the car look younger. I found a couple that i like, and like yours its about three fifty ish. I want to get some other bits done first

Iv got one on my puma I think they make the car there own they look good and also you won't lose money on them if anything you will gain money

Vitch-w said:
Iv got one on my puma I think they make the car there own they look good and also you won't lose money on them if anything you will gain money

So I could justify it to myself as an investment ...... thanks

Vitch-w said:

I think this depends how widely appealing they are. If you have say your itinals, then its quite personal, or maybe a car specific one, would help the car sell.

IMO they work well on FRP's, epecially if you can get 'V [number] FRP' - looks awesome :cool:

Not too sure on standard cars though.

I have never liked plates that nearly spell something like your name if you squint a bit and convince yourself that somehow a '4' is the same thing as an 'A' etc.

Then too, I have never wanted a make specific plate because you have to sell that with the car, or try to punt it on privately, which becomes harder as the model referred to gets older and less valued.

So when I bought my 1.7 new, back in 2000 I bought a selected 'X' plate which was quite fun and has since graced the FRP, the Jagdeo and now the overgrown Volkswagen.

911Plated.jpg

Then when Sandra got her Citroen I bought her a plate in the same idiom, seen below, which now actually graces the Jagdeo.

IMG_0860-1.jpg

Works for us, but probably not for everyone.

Total investment has been about £900 including four transfers

I don't usually like the ones that "spell out names" because they usually look a bit stupid imo

But model specific ones, or ones with a single letter, single digit, then 3 initials always look good.

For example...

A1 PUM
A1 FRP
A1 WJB :)

I still think if I could get M 4TTD then I would :D

Mine is T24 MRD i.e. my initials and 24 is my favourite number / Birthday.

The T is just because the car was a T reg and I didn't want to make it look older although in retrospect I may have preferred that.

Rob, last time I looked, X111 VVX was still available if you needed another reg number! :eek:k:

red said:
I still think if I could get M 4TTD then I would :D

Mine is T24 MRD i.e. my initials and 24 is my favourite number / Birthday.

The T is just because the car was a T reg and I didn't want to make it look older although in retrospect I may have preferred that.

T24 MRD means nothing to me...

I've had V4UMA, and V14FRP on my two pumas.

I was thinking ST57 WOW , but last time I looked was #650!!!!

Latest posts

Back