Destroying the weak!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ares

Just a post to cheer the forum up.

Today I drove for the first time my new puma (still to add pics) when during my casual drive I noticed a Corsa, Astra and a fiat Punto attempting to over take me on numerous occasions. Clearly they was friends as they insisted on attempting and they was laughing and making crude gestures in the mirror wishing me to speed up.

When the road widened into 2 lanes they over took me and made a point of letting me know by laughing at me and swearing, again I laughed and nodded back. When the road widened again this time to three lanes I decided enough was enough, dumped my foot to the floor and took them on the outside. This shocked them and they tried to keep up but upon realising they couldn't I again slowed to a snails pace and blocking them off on the road. The very same Corsa packed with chavvies then made and attempt to 'ride my ass' but when again I dumped my foot down they fell back.

At the next set of lights the Corsa pulled up alongside me, I looked expecting to see laughter yet all that met me was sombre faced passengers and a driver with a newly found and over active enthusiasm for his car radio.

God I love this car!

1.7 got it the other day its spotless 1 bit of rust on the door and 23,000 miles at a good price too ;)

Ares said:
1.7 got it the other day its spotless 1 bit of rust on the door and 23,000 miles at a good price too ;)

Very nice ;) I got the 1.4 but still takes my mates Lil hatchbacks!

i didn;t mean the puma, the others. the puma isn;t known for its straight line speed, much more the handling!

spike. said:
i didn;t mean the puma, the others. the puma isn;t known for its straight line speed, much more the handling!

I know you meant the others :p but they are not rubbish either, but My 1.4 still has them! and without a doubt handles 100x better than them!

Did the same thing the other day. We have a few sets of traffic lights that are notorious for people trying to "beat you off the line" And you always get some idiot in his corsa or BMW trying to get past you. needless to say "NONE SHALL PASS".

Xrion236 said:
needless to say "NONE SHALL PASS".

want a drag race then?

Actually intresting point here

Neil did santa pod in 15.8 @ a speed of 86mph

one of the focus' did it in 14.6sec @ 96mph

so the FRP isn't that bad at all!

Since getting the 'Big Volkswagen' I have noted that most guys with serious (But not as serious) performance cars tend to move over, wave me through, whatever.

The ones that always seem to want to prove something are the Corsa brigade.

Come on guys, a K&N Filter, a load of dodgy plastic 'aerodynamics' and a big set of alloys will not lift the shopping trolley into the sub-5 secs to 62 league.

I just let them by, it really isn't worth the fuel.

Everybody seems to think they never made the Puma in a 1.4 so i love the way everybody think mine is a 1.7, haha i never tell them different unless they ask ;) Still never try it on with a 1.6 or over though Lol

spike. said:
Xrion236 said:
needless to say "NONE SHALL PASS".

want a drag race then?

Actually intresting point here

Neil did santa pod in 15.8 @ a speed of 86mph

one of the focus' did it in 14.6sec @ 96mph

so the FRP isn't that bad at all!

ha one of the sets of lights has a rather sharp Right hand turn just after :)

Even my old barge can do a 1/4 mile in 15.0 as someone on another forum with exactly the same "tweaks" as mine did that last week.

Shame there isn't a rolling start drag race from say 70+ as my barges torque would come into it's own. :twisted:

Ares Good on ya,

i had some nabcake in Streetly (Sutton Coldfield Birmingham) about 3 nights ago park his car at the lights over 2 lanes other night when he was turninig left at the lights like me. the lights went and he tried flooring it, but i floored my baby 1.7 in second and OMG it full on took off, bye bye mr 206 :)

He was a boi racer wannabe proper chaved out!

Hey guys thanks for the replies, it just made me chuckle to think that at the end of the day their car was rubbish, to put it politely, yet THEY was taking the piss out of me?

I understand that some people take pride in their cars and wish to better it to make it more of an enjoyment or improve it in some way. yet others just stick bits on to their car because they feel the need, this corsa was clearly low powered and I'm not bragging. But at the end of the day know your limits.

P.s. I'll be challenging my friend to a few tests between his Honda civic 1.6 and mine I'll let you know the outcome ;)

Dal said:
Even my old barge can do a 1/4 mile in 15.0 as someone on another forum with exactly the same "tweaks" as mine did that last week.

Shame there isn't a rolling start drag race from say 70+ as my barges torque would come into it's own. :twisted:

I did see a meet where they did a 30-130 timed event, on an RAF base.

Actually think the title of this thread should be Destroying the ignorant and overconfident :D

Back