My very own drive in Kevs FRP :)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickydink

Well...we had tea and i was offered a drive in his car back from Preston...usually im delogated to the passenger seat but this time he was feeling generous!
Everything was stiff, handbrake, clutch, gas peddle..(which is good i know)

It bits really well and i am very impressed..I liked them to start with but now i drove one i wonder if he notices me pinching it for work (Like i'd dare) haha
Iwas told to get my revs up before changing gear and make sure i don't brake too much which im a bit of a bugger at and hes always tried to teach me to change down gear instead...think i succeeded though

Anyway, just thought i'd post at how impressed i am even more so now i have had my very own play with his pussycat!

Thankyou Kevin xxx
:wub:

I wonder if Vix is 'blipping' her throttle with down changes as I was trying to explain this when she was last in my Milly :p

Thinking of upgrading your pussy Dink?

the running costs arnt that bad. As long as you get a good one with stainless exhaust and well looked after brakes.

I think its fair to say stonechips will get sorted..all just a matter of time...oh and looks like RS wheels are on the way too! :D

mikeFRP said:
the running costs arnt that bad. As long as you get a good one with stainless exhaust and well looked after brakes.

As above i agree...so long as wishbones and suspension are ok...then everything else is as would be a typical car to replace (bodywork excluded obviously!)

In my experience my Honda (220bhp, 145mph, 0-60 in just over 6.5 secs and with 3-4 times the mileage on the clock) was massively cheaper to run than the Ford, which was completely the opposite of what I'd expect and was lead to believe.
Both were driven hard, the Honda probably even harder.

And hence why I have my modded Milly, which cost me more to buy than an FRP to get to this stage (receipts to prove) but in terms of running costs for 10000 miles a year is MUCH cheaper (no more than a Puma 1.7).

My FRP did cover 16000 miles a year for 2 years (it wasn't bought as an 'investement'!) but if you do, for example, 4000 miles every 2 years the situation would of course be quite different.

That's my experience anyway and I'm sticking with it :p

(p.s. I am completely ignoring depreciation which is lower on an FRP but then again offset by higher running costs over a longer time/mileage)

What !!

My CTR ( 146mph 6.5 secs etc Group 17 :? ) was twice as expensive to run as the FRP I have now :-D

I agree with Colin over the maintenance issues though should they arise, the FRP can be expensive. But if you take the actual running costs into account its saving me a fortune. For example the CTR would cost me over £40 a week to do a 40 mile weekly jaunt (8 miles a day to the office and back) :shock: The FRP costs under £20, work that one out <_< , that alone saves me over a grand a year which is more than enough for unexpected maintenance.
Obviously coming from a standard Puma it will be more expensive but not by much :p

4 miles to work and 4 miles back? You'll kill any car doing that! - Get a bike!

:funny:

I'd love to work 4 miles away from my residency. I would definitely cycle everyday!!

Doing an 80 mile round trip daily on a bicycle isn't really feasible.

Latest posts

Back