What's it worth?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wlshyd

I am looking at possibly selling the Puma as the missus and I have bought our first house and are looking at buying something a bit beefier, jointly.

I bought the 1.7 (silver) 02 plate in July '10 for £2300 with 71.5k on it - I've only done up to 76k in it but prices seem to have plummeted; what would I get for it?!

Condition is very good, only minor cosmetic things like stone chips, tiny wheel kerbing from previous owner, A/C, heated screen, stereo is playing up (6000CD) and only tunes into Radio2 (!) but other than small bits it is sweet as a nut and runs a dream.

Plenty of rubber and brakes left, 11 months MOT and 6 months tax. Totally standard. Only very minor advisories from MOT checks, I think just rear shoes getting worn and I think that might have been it. Must also add FSH and, cambelt done at correct interval unlike many out there.

I am only the 2nd owner, first lady owner did all of the first 71k!

Any ideas? I've looked on AT and Pistonheads but as I say prices really seem to have fallen a long way and from the looks of it I'll be looking at a £600 loss or-so after only 9 months and under 5k miles...

Cheers
Dan

hey dude

welcome to the site

i bought my 1st 1.4 1999 silver puma in december last year 2months later i sold it as the MOt was full on jipped, didnt tell them that tho ;) i got £600 for that (89000) miles

then about 3days later i bought a 1.7 2000 black puma 55000 miles condition was abit nabbed but hey,

i looked around they dropped alot mate,

realistic prices u lookin at are like

Up to £1000

ebay: £1000
Piston Heads: £1000
auto trader: £1000
gumtree: £1000

to be honest you better off selling it privately, or part exing it, bristol street were gunna give me £1000 for my old one but i wanted the cash instead ;)

Id have thought a good 02 plater would be worth £1800-£2000 these days.

Jeez i'd better get more than £1k for it - i bought it for £2300 only 8 or 9 months ago at 71k as i said and i've only done about 5k in it - it's worth more than £1k!

I'd be happy if i got say £1700+; as i say it has fsh, cared for, in good condition given it's 9 yrs and 76k old and plenty of kit to keep someone happy that all works bar the stereo.

It was registered may i think 2002 so mustve been one of the later ones

Prices are all over. It's a case of having the right buyer come along at the right time. Cheapest 2002 on Autotrader is only £975 and that's a Thunder, but then it goes up to £4000 for exactly the same car. Tends to go from realistic prices to down right bloody over optimistic (i.e. no friggin chance...lol)

Good luck anyway. ;)

I know they dont half fluctuate - as i say tho around the 1800 will do me, it'll probs be going up fs on here soon enough if we can find a replacement set of wheels

Latest posts

Back