cant open by bonnet. bonnet will not open

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reliable83

i cannot open my bonnet. bonnet seems stuck, when i pull the red cap underneath the driver steering wheel, it makes the click noise and the bonnet does open but then i try and press the yellow leaver up the bonnet does not open it seems like the leaver is stuck.

I have a feeling the yellow lever moves to the side ?? .... not sure because it is one of those things you do without thinking!

It can sometimes help to have somebody pressing down on the bonnet near the catch as you operate the release in the cabin.

i had this problem with mine. i had to feel the bonnet catch under the bonnet and feel towards the back of the catch and push it up from there releasing the bonnet. tough to get used to but du it without thinkin now :grin:

I had a stuck bonnet recently (should have seen it coming after I had trouble getting it to catch) and couldn't work out from the advice how you were supposed to reach under the bonnet to release it (the catch is a fair way back and the grill gaps narrow) so I called the AA. After 40 mins of me pulling red lever and AA man prodding and wriggling around bonnet the AA man gave up but suggested a particular garage.
The garage managed to use a long tipped screwdriver to remove the front grill screws (they turned out not to be rusty, which was AA man's fear) and somehow angled the grill out with the bonnet still down. He then unscrewed the catch assembly unit and removed the whole lot. Degreased unit, regreased it and it's been fine so far since.

Mine was stuck, not any more, cleaned and lubed it it right up! Slides in and out no problem!

In addition to the stuff above, this could be useful to know - http://projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=347058&sid=03ced85d194ee3cc1c3180976180c162#p347058

...but you need to do it before you get in a stuck bonnet/broken bonnet cable type situation.

Back