Petrol Station Embarassment

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zenithus

The petrol light came on this morning, so I thought I'd better fill up befoer heading off to university.

Filled her up to the brim, paid, got in to set off, and she wouldn't start! Turned over, got going but stalled straight away.
Had to crank it for about 10 seconds while flooring her to get her going. Not sure what it was but I guess its nothing serious. Got a very funny look from one of the staff.

Maybe time for the old spark plug and HT lead checks.

Was it a short journey between home and the petrol station? If so, a temperamental start is pretty normal and nothing to worry about.

If you stall while the choke is still on you will flood it. You have to turn the starter with the accelerator all the way down to let the most air in to dry out the injectors. Takes about 10 seconds so that sounds about right.

.. Following on from what Cherie said if you run a very short distance.. my example

If you start your car then move it out of the garage and turn the engine off. If you want to start it again it may be difficult and you are supposed to use the 'hot start' procedure found in the manual whereby as you turn the ignition you drop the gas to the floor. (This should start it first time and has always worked for me)

Apologies for the Americanisms.

Latest posts

Back