Removing Headlight

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheeky12

I am in the process of changing my bulbs. We have managed to get the nearside light out but the offside is proving difficult. The nearside light is newish but the offside is the original, I have read that there is a dial type button under the front grill with 'open/close' written on it that needs putting to open to release a bracket that is currently stopping the light coming out, is that correct? I think this bracket is broken on the nearside light when it was replaced (before i got the car)

Yes thats right, its a circular dial you just need to twist to relase it. Its situated by the front corner of the light next to the upper grill, you can see it in this pic.

The upper grill might need to come out aswell if you havent done that already :eek:k:

78642752.jpg

Cheeky12 said:
I am in the process of changing my bulbs. We have managed to get the nearside light out but the offside is proving difficult. The nearside light is newish but the offside is the original, I have read that there is a dial type button under the front grill with 'open/close' written on it that needs putting to open to release a bracket that is currently stopping the light coming out, is that correct? I think this bracket is broken on the nearside light when it was replaced (before i got the car)

That's right, its also the bolt on top on the top of the wing. Turn the mentioned dial button to open, and it should just pull out with any luck.

Thank you! I don't suppose anyone has a picture of the dial do they so I know what I am looking for? x

You can see it in Sparx's picture, near the bottom left corner... When you twist it to open it (IIRC) pulls a little plastic piece across the head lamp and unlocks it on the opposite side allowing it to slide forward and out..

Edit: If you've undone the two torx screws holding the headlights in you must of seen the dial! One of the screws go right through it!

Cheeky12 said:
Ah sorry i only read half the post! The thing on the left?

Brutal

Edit: Hahaha "near the bottom left corner" it was the second half of the first sentence of my message! lol

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10186" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Scroll down for pics :grin:

I only read 'Yes thats right, its a circular dial you just need to twist to relase it.' of sparx post! I'm a girl thus was told to 'leave it to me' by the bf. I therefore didn't undo the screws, he did and it was dark! Thanks all for your help

Thats no excuse - i'm a girl too :lol:

Good on you for having a go yourself though ;) :eek:k: hope you finish the job without any help for the bf!

If you think that was hard, try changing the rear lights. You need tiny hands to be able to do it. I swore lots.

Sparx said:
danielz000 said:
Sparx said:

The amount of girls on here never ceases to amaze me!

why? :lol: suprising that us girls can be as into our cars as you boys ;)

Just surprised I'm driving around in a girls car! j/k ;-)

Funny enough, the previous owner was female, and the puma black I took the leather interior out of had a female owner with a strange passion for nuts... not the metallic type either...

Sparx said:
danielz000 said:
Sparx said:

Exactly! My family and some of my friends don't understand my passion for cars :( Going to pop the bonnet later and have a look for this dial!

Cheeky12 said:
Sparx said:
danielz000 said:
Sparx said:

Exactly! My family and some of my friends don't understand my passion for cars :( Going to pop the bonnet later and have a look for this dial!

getting back on topic, you might need to remove the grill to gain access to the screw, there are only two more torx fittings holding the grill in place, this helps to prevent the screw in the headlight rounding out if its stiff. Don't forget the screw at the top holding it on to the wing also.

Latest posts

Back