Yet more expense - when will it end?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

The latest chapter in the tale of the creaky rear suspension...

I've had both the rear suspension mounts changed and also both rear shock absorbers, but yet the creaking persists. Any thoughts?

My kat seems to be turning into a right dog at the minute, no sooner than something is fixed, something else breaks. It is really starting to get on my nerves now.

Could it be the parcel shelf,or the spare wheel cradle,an exhaust mounting?
Are the springs ok?
My apologies if you've already checked these,just suggestions thats all :wink:

Definitley the rear, driver side. Mostly occurs going over speedbumps and rubbish road surfaces. It isn't quite as bad since having the shocks changed (the ride is noticably firmer now), but it's still present.

You say you've had your rear suspension mounts changed. You mean the top ones where the shocks mount in the boot, or the big trailing arm bush? Or both? There are only 3 moving parts on each side, top and bottom of the shock and the suspension link with the big bush. Unless it's something like a brake pipe rubbing against something? An exhaust mounting?

Little squeaks and knocks can be the most annoying things and the trickiest to track down unfortunately.

My rear trim rattled for a long time, eventually tracked it down to the trim rubbing against the small rear window's rubber seal. Wasnt hard to fix, the metal clip hadnt been replaced when i swapped the interior. But was one of the most annoying noises ever, it was right behind me head!

Latest posts

Back