Highest mileage Puma?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex_89

Does anyone on the forum know who owns the Puma with the highest mileage? only wondering because I'm on 93500 and the engine still feels great. Can they go above 150,000? because that's the target i'll be aiming for :p

Without looking, I'm on around 108,000. Engine still pulls really well. I'm suprised how well it does pull, I would have thought it would have started to give up the ghost by now! With care, I'm hoping it will continue....!

I have a second Puma which has done around 141,000 miles. Doesn't pull as well as the other one, but still goes well!

topmansparkie said:
Without looking, I'm on around 108,000. Engine still pulls really well. I'm suprised how well it does pull, I would have thought it would have started to give up the ghost by now! With care, I'm hoping it will continue....!

I have a second Puma which has done around 141,000 miles. Doesn't pull as well as the other one, but still goes well!

Has the higher mileage one been serviced regularly, well looked after etc?

My old 1.7 (now owned by my mum) is on 65K, my ex FRP I sold last year was on 53K.

A friend (Don't think he's registered on here yet) of mine & Melinamotor has a Black that's done 158K ish and is still going strong! Keeps up with ours on (94K & 89K) without any problems and sounds sweet. Probably sounds better than mine does actually lol!

alex_89 said:
topmansparkie said:

Has the higher mileage one been serviced regularly, well looked after etc?
Without dragging all the paperwork out, can't remember, but seems to have been looked after. I checked oil condition when I got it, was nice and clean, although doesn't really mean much.
Has some service history, but appears to have stopped at the last owner.

I have modded my other Puma which possibly helps with the extra grunt!

Trouble is the 1.7 at least has nikasal liners in the cylinder bores which will break down or fail at some point ,good maintenance and regular quality oil changes is a must on that engine.

My old 1.4 Puma was on 125K before the bottom end went, my 1.7 currently around 105K

Well the highest so far is 141,000 and it's still going strong, anyone beat that??

I'm the winner so far, or is it the loser :-( Will have to check later to confirm but think mine is about 143k and after the grand I have spent on her in the last year she better go another 16k at least. Part of that grand was on the cambelt change so that should help.

I'm at 126k, no engine work yet apart from the usual servicing/cambelt changes and a new rocker gasket. Don't know how many more years it will go for but it still pulls well, is pretty quiet and generaly behaves itself. Touch wood lol

But surely they should push over 200,000 if looked after? my dads first Mondeo managed 310,000 and was still going (barley) when he sold it.

Latest posts

Back