Vpower / MPG discussion

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DradusContact

In an effort to see if Vpower makes any difference to economy in a non modified 1.7, ive been documenting my mileage since filling up. Unfortunately in this case i filled up with a tenner when i got down to a quarter as with this impending petrol shortage i thought it would be wise, but i didnt want to panick buy and fill the tank. After the next fill up ill try and get it down as low as possible before fuilling up to give a final mileage figure, but you might be able to guess what it was going to be from these pics. Driving was a mixed bag of light traffic town driving and expressways.

[albumimg]253[/albumimg]

[albumimg]263[/albumimg]

[albumimg]264[/albumimg]

I'd guess about 320 until your light came on.

Giving you about 40 - 42mpg :eek:k:

Always goes down faster than it goes up in mine. (kinky huh? :funny: )

Really, that much? i was thinking under 300 still. If thats the case it more than paid for itself.

mine goes up quicker than it goes down.

takes about 5 mins to fill it, bouncing the needle to the top

3/4 days to empty it back down :derr:

red said:
mine goes up quicker than it goes down.

takes about 5 mins to fill it, bouncing the needle to the top

3/4 days to empty it back down :derr:

:roll:

I've always got more mpg from super unleaded that outweighs the extra expense.

Just went up the road at lunchtime - my local Esso is selling super for £1.13 / litre and regular diesel at £1.22

:shock:

mine was about 1.14 for vpower of 1.07 for normal i think. plus a free crappy ferrari if you buy 30 litres!

Is this a 1.7?

I used to get 400 miles to the tank by running with the light on for about 40 miles. Tesco ordinary.

Ultimate gave a marginal improvement, maybe 10% but about the same as the extra cost (in those days) so woirth doing to avoid having to fill up so often.

The Shell stuff (It was called something else in those days) had no effect.

On the FRP there was no advantage to Ultimate, and I never bothered to try the Shell.

XIIVVX said:
Is this a 1.7?
I used to get 400 miles to the tank by running with the light on for about 40 miles. Tesco ordinary.

But then you are an expert driver Rob. Not fair to compare that to us plebs.

;)

I'm not that far behind you...

..well compared to the majority anyway.

Just "mature" ;)

focus.gif

blah.gif

Yes, lets continue talking about me please! 400 miles is impossible on anything other than pure motorway. 300 is pushing it for normal town driving.

I never found much difference between about town and motorway driving in my puma,i thinks its cos the revs are so high on the motorway anyway,what with the gear ratio etc.

i.e, ive never had a car before where you can do 30mph in 5th gear.
Suits me fine though cos i do more about town driving than anything else

Just used a full tank of plain old boring esso unleaded this week and got 340 miles out of it before the warning light came on. I don think i am going to use V power stuff.

That's impressive!

Around town? Motorway driving?

Latest posts

Back