Squeaky Brakes

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah

I had the pads - though not discs, perfect condition - changed recently for my Puma's MOT and service and since then, I've noticed that they're squeaking when I brake. Only at low speeds, mind you - whacking the car from 5th to 2nd doesn't produce a sound. I was told, by the Kwik Fit Monkeys, that they'd take time to 'bed in,' particularly as I opted not to burn money and get the discs changed at the same time, too.....

Any advice appreciated, particularly nice, 'nah, nothing wrong it,' advice!

Hopefully it may be just that they need bedding in. Especially as you haven't changed your disks. The new pads will need to adapt their surface to match the already (slightly) worn disks. That is the bedding in.

Hopefully the kwik-fit "mechanics" have used some copper grease behind the pads to stop the normal squeal that you get from brakes. If it carries on after a while of bedding in, they might need removing and coating with copper grease behind the pads to stop the squeal.

Brake squeal isn't anything to worry about though as far as performance / efficiency goes. just annoying!

I have nothing further to add to the above (can't find my emoticon for that?)

You mean this one?

postcount.gif

:funny:

Back