history info wanted

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markie2

hi all im a newbe to the site and the puma,ive just bought a accident damaged puma that im trying to trace the history of its silver with 1.7vct reg is y5--ues (two digets missing for obvious reasons),i know its got parts on from pumabuild and a long shot but worth a try,cheers :)

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Have you done a HPI check? Might be worth the few quid to see what it's been through.

Also give Pumabuild a ring on 0121 356 2638 and they might be able to shed some light on it.

I assume you have the V5 etc? If not, then have a look on Ford Etis to check the VIN number etc. We have our own member login if you don't have one yourself and can be found here:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=417" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck in your search!

I can't honestly say I follow that.

What would be in a 'for sale' thread. The car or the number?

If either was, why would that cause you any problems?

Both my number and the various cars it has been attached to cars are widely publicly available and have been for about seven years, nobody has offered to buy either.

I guess someone could clone your car if you display the number but I don't take the number plates off when I park up so why bother on here.

I know Jasper. It fascinates me too. People hide the numbers when they post photographs, then forget to unscrew the plates and take them with them when they go to Sainsbury.

Odd.

I think it's one of those urban myths. But people see pictures with blanked out plates on the Internet and assume that there's a good reason for it.

thanks for reply dal at least yours was helpfull,decided to break it now anyway as its got to much damage so all parts are available

markie2 said:
thanks for reply dal at least yours was helpfull,decided to break it now anyway as its got to much damage so all parts are available

Where are you as I may be after a few silver bits ;)

markie2 said:
thanks for reply dal at least yours was helpfull,

On the other hand you have chosen not to reply to my question, which was a genuine search for enlightenment.

*shrugs*

XIIVVX said:
I know Jasper. It fascinates me too. People hide the numbers when they post photographs, then forget to unscrew the plates and take them with them when they go to Sainsbury.

Odd.

I think it's one of those urban myths. But people see pictures with blanked out plates on the Internet and assume that there's a good reason for it.

From ZSOC today:
Got a letter today from Avon and Sumerset Police, saying i have been caught speeding doing 36mph in a 30mph zone, on the 23rd of april 08.

I haven't been to somerset since i got my car in 2006 or even heard of a place called Chard where i was allegedly caught, i was at work until 5pm and was caught at 4:34pm.

They have said they are not going to take any action, and to write a letter if i dont believe it was me or my car.

write a letter are they having a ****ing joke? not gonna just leave it up to the post office to spend about 4 days getting a letter to them.

The point is some little ******* has put my plates on their ZS possible a stolen one, and im getting the crap for it all.

People should blank their number plates out when posting pics.

Paul.

http://www.zsoc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108475" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have no idea myself, but maybe that's why.

Again though someone may have just noted down the guys plate in Tesco one day, got some made up and driven a bunch of places.

Unavoidable if people want to do it unfortunately :(

In theory though if you are getting a set of plates made you are meant to provide your V5 and ID. I imagine in reality many people know 'a mate whoe does number plates'

Or just get them off the internet. I've never had to provide a V5 or ID when ordering.

Same. Last set of plates I order (about 1 month ago) I never had to produce any ID or V5 off the Internet.

I tried to get 1 made up from a shop and they would not do it without the V5.

Latest posts

Back