Standard puma seats are not very good

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basscube

Anyone else find this probably due to fact it is my girlfriends car and she is 5ft2 but i am 6ft3 and the back support is terrible. Also bang my head when getting in and head touches roof. Can the sub frame that holds the seat in be cut down slightly so atleast i have a little headroom. Thinking of getting bucket seats or welding drivers seat directly to floor without sub frame :(

I find it more comfortable upright apart from Headroom at least I know I'm not the only One suffering lol

I'm 6ft and my head is pretty close to the top of the windscreen when I'm driving. Agree the back support isn't great either. Might have to get myself some bucket seats too.

The seats in my car are even crappier - got a hole in the side of one of them, and a suspicious stain on the passenger side. Good thing someone invented seat covers!

if you weld the seat to the floor bear in mind that it is an mot fail under the new coming regs, seat needs to be adjustable

no its not stupid at all,i have a bad back and found the puma seats comfortable on long drives,but must admit the recaro's i have in this car are so much better :wink:

I have had the same problem I'm only 6ft tall, I got around it by fitting a bucket seat a "motordrive" composite it only weighs 5kg comapred to 35kg-ish for the standar seat..
if you read my other post/thread I had to remove the bucket seat to pass the MOT the other week as my bucket seat was/is a fixed seat...

cheers Paul

I'm 6'3'' and have no problem with headroom even when the kids are in the back (seat comes up SLIGHTLY)

Do you guys have your seat horizontal don't understand why you guys have headroom. probably i am used to A focus which has 6-10 inches above your head and i have spiky hair so know its time for a haircut when my hair touches the roof lol.

Dave Waters said:
I'm 6ft and my head is pretty close to the top of the windscreen when I'm driving. Agree the back support isn't great either. Might have to get myself some bucket seats too.

Hows that im 6ft 2 and my head is miles from the windscreen, yet alone the roof. do you drive hugging the steering wheel? :p

There is loads of headroom in the puma, the only thing you soon learn is not to bump you head getting in. has everybody checked that their seats are fully adjusted down?

SkyHighatrist said:
I'm 6'3'' and have no problem with headroom even when the kids are in the back (seat comes up SLIGHTLY)

^ agreed!

basscube said:
Do you guys have your seat horizontal don't understand why you guys have headroom.

I have to look through the lil window at the back to make sure my blind spot is clear ;)

slayllian said:
Hows that im 6ft 2 and my head is miles from the windscreen, yet alone the roof. do you drive hugging the steering wheel? :p

There is loads of headroom in the puma, the only thing you soon learn is not to bump you head getting in. has everybody checked that their seats are fully adjusted down?
I do have my seat in quite an upright position. But then, if I don't I find myself leaning forward anyway. It's just how I drive I suppose.

To be fair I don't think my head is actually that close to the windscreen, it just feels that way because driving my fiesta it felt like there was a lot more space.

My brother is 6'2" and used to regularly passenger in my standard 1.7 on 80 mile trips and he didn't seem to touch the roof.

Someone could have a longer body and less long legs and therefore have a prob where as someone else the same height will not :idea:

quest63 said:
Someone could have a longer body and less long legs and therefore have a prob where as someone else the same height will not :idea:

Haha! I love this, my arms reach my ankles! :lol:

melinamotor said:
I changed mine because I sat to high and lacked shoulder support.

That's exactly the problem i have.
Dave Waters said:

it can't be adjusted down there is some sort of bolster support but pointless if you ask me. All i am saying is it is the worst more uncomfortable seat i have ever sat in and i have owned 28 cars ranging from Ford Focus, Celica, FTO, Audi TT, Clio 172 Sport, Corsa, Civic etc...

slayllian said:
quest63 said:

Haha! I love this, my arms reach my ankles! :lol:

Ooh ooh ooh I wanna be like you hoo hoo lol.

Latest posts

Back