My Pussy needs a good going over...TLC needed

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickydink

Ok i am having a few problems with my car at the moment that need fixing and she needs a service of which i will get booked in asap. May go back to Pumaspeed again like last time as they seem sound :)

Anyway, can anyone give me any pointers on giving my pussy a bit of TLC. Im not loaded so dnt go overboard but once the problem with the revs is fixed and the bearing etc i was thiking of engine powerwashed, what do we think?? any point? does it make a difference?

Things im due to get booked in are...
1- Front Driverside bearing and Rev issue
2 - Rust and front wing scuff - will be done before Fordfair
3 - Service

Try to avoid powerwashing the engine. It'll more than likely cause more problems and solve none.

Have to agree with Bok. Powerwashing your engine is never good. Instead, get your toothbrush out and some mild soapy water and set aside 6 hours or so.

6 hours....boooo...but yeh ill ave a crack. I will also get my drums sorted too seeing as though u didnt sound too pleased to see then Colin lol

Getting the first two bits done will be a good start :)

As above I wouldn't really power wash it.. i think you can get the steam cleaned? Which I believe is a less abusive method of cleaning.

If it were me i'd just tidy up all the bits I wasn't happy with :D

You can powerwash an engine but you have to be very careful and know what your doing. I wouldnt do it myself, im not confident enough. Sometimes its useful if your trying to find a leak to blast it all clean and then see were gets dirty afterwards, so it does have its uses.

ok...they changed the bearing and re routed the throttle cable i thinkn it was and now she sems fine :) Woo!
They gna service it in a few week and change one of the hubs that is wearing!

Glad some of the problems are sorted.

Autoglym interior cleaner and a toothbrush bring up all the yellow engine caps brilliantly.

WD40 wiped around the hoses etc... makes them come up nice :grin:

WD40 - is there anything it can't do?

:lol:

I never call it "double-you-dee-forty"

I call it "doobler-vay-day-karont", sounds much classier in French :-D

Latest posts

Back