Insurance company refusing to insure because of exhaust

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinster

Right, settle in because this is a good one.

I'm with Prestige. 2 months ago I put a stainless steel miltek on my green 1.7 puma. Phoned my broker up and they contact Prestige, no problem they say, doesn't add anything to the insurance.

So I change the puma to a millennium a few weeks ago, stick on another stainless steel exhaust and phone the broker up again. They contact Prestige and this time it's nope, they say they won't accept it, find another insurer.

Erm... ok. I explained to the broker I did this about a month ago on my old puma and it was fine. Aye, says the guy on the phone I see the note of it here on your file.

So he's gone off to contact Prestige again on my behalf.

How odd is that!

A bit odd. Maybe it's because the Milly has a higher insurance group than the standard? :shock:

Even so, I'd have thought they would have just added something on to the premium.

I mean, to jump from a happy yes with no increase in premium to an outright no in such a short space of time is very strange.

Does seem a bit odd :(

Elephant wouldn't touch mine with a Milltek, so I'm with Adrian Flux now and it's cheaper too with more mods!

:thumbs:

Can't see why not..

http://www.adrianflux.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

08000 83 88 33

They do but their quote was £570 and I'm currently paying £370. Lets hope Prestige get back to me with a positive answer.

Yay! Well done - gotta keep pushing those money grabbing insurance buggers...

:thumbs:

The odd behaviour does have me a tad worried I have to say.

If I decide to put powerflex bushes on the car are they going to turn around and throw another hissy fit?

Well that's debatable. Technically you don't need to tell them that, as they are a "consumable" It's just you've bought a diffferent make to the ford ones. Much like putting Halford own brake pads rather than ford motorcraft ones.
It'll make your car handle better, but as there's no increase in looks / speed / power it can be argued that it'll make no difference to the insurance premium.

Sounds good. Don't insurance companies try anything though to wriggle out of paying out a claim or is that just my paranoia setting in?

Latest posts

Back