Steering Wheels..

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red

Administrator
Staff member
Well following the leather disintegration of my second steering wheel I have just fitted #3 .. Hopefully to be the last time I will need to do this as there is no possible chance of leather decay.. as there isn't any!

Anyone else needing to attempt this the guide in the How To's will see you along nicely!

I am one happy bunny again.

I still say that you should try cleaning the old one, you might be surprised. ;)

If you're going to chuck it out, bring it on Saturday, I'm sure we can make room for another spare part. :D

I have a plan for it involving some felt and Elvin ;)

I may have a go at cleaning it but seriously it was nothing like that 3 months ago and you can see cracks and stuff in it, I don't think it will be recoverable, a re-trim is the way I will go I think..

.. or possible sell it to the highest bidder for funding :p

my latest project is using 2 colours of felt :) you will have to trial and error for some time before getting the felt to stick nicely without overlapping. that said, the wheel without any leather on looks and feels alright as well.

I strongly suspect felt wont last more than a few weeks before is a) gets dirty b) starts falling apart.

Will hopefully be proved wrong though :)

I considered re-trimming mine myself in leather or alcantara.. but for the price of material I just picked up a better 2nd hand wheel and replaced it :p

I liked the look of your ideas though Elvin :) was inspiring me..

Can anyone post a pic of a wheel without the leather on? Pack of midget gems for anyone who can.

Latest posts

Back