rear seat fixing

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojones9

can anybody please advise me how the base of the rear seat clips in. one side is in and secure but the other side the u shaped clip just fits into the slot and wont secure. thanks

There should be a piece of plastic in the slot so the 'U' shaped part clips in to that.
The plastic part may be broken inside so could need replacing.

thanks for that, it sounds like thats my problem. I now have the problem of finding a replacement as i live in spain, and pumas and spares are rare out here. being cheeky, any idea when i could see a pic of the part so i know what i'm looking for. ebay?? thanks for your time. maureen

Ian G might have some he can send you - there's a link to his profile in my signature below.

Even if your clip is fine it can sometimes take a lot of force to get one end in - I know on the several occasions I've taken my rear seats out, the first side you push down on clips in straight away, and the remaining side takes some jumping up and down (with more force than seems necessary or reasonable) on before it stays in place.

It doesn't matter which side you do first, it's always the other one that doesn't seem to want to go in, in my experience anyway.

Here's a pic of one (the black thing):

10052009100.jpg

thanks very very much for the info, will ring ian later today.

thanks again and merry christmas . maureen

Hi all!, new here. I am from Spain too, and I need a pair of clips, where can I buy them?, Thanks.

Latest posts

Back