Racing Puma Seat Subframes?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seat subframes are different, dont know if you are looking but a guy on pumapeople has just posted this add

http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107966" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As Jacko says, but nothing like a standard puma seat subframe, large metal angled section about 3 inches high that runs full length down the side.

Simon

sorry to keep asking questions - do they have a flat top and a seat belt mounting point then?

effectively yes, will post a photo of mine in the car tonight

found this picture of one on the web, doesnt show the seat belt pickup on the other side

gallery_30_14_84590_zps1897a9dc.jpg

alexwilliams840 said:
sorry to keep asking questions - do they have a flat top and a seat belt mounting point then?

I've recently bought a pair of Sparco subframes for the Puma, they are exactly the same as the subframes that came with a pair of Racing Puma Sparco seats I bought over 10 years ago. They come with an additional bracket that bolts to the side of the subframe to mount the seatbelt pretensioners. To fit the subframes you will need a pair of the tophats from a Mk3.5/Mk4/Mk5 Fiesta as can be seen under the top left of the subframe in the pic above.

alexwilliams840 said:
cheers guys - one last question... anyone know the bolt pattern?

Bolt pattern of what, seat mounting points or subframe mounting points?

you having some made? they weigh a ton and im thinking of getting some done in 4mm ali

prob 5-10mm lower too as i sit quite high

i was looking at getting some made. could do with them being low as im 6'5 are the sparco ones lower than standard?

no, a little taller!

its on my to do list to have them made up...wont be cheap tho

I'm 5'6", with a pair of sparco EVO seats on a pair of runners my head is only about 2 or so inches from the roof skin, about an inch from the lining, if I had a helmet on for trackdays it would be even tighter.

Blue3 said:
effectively yes, will post a photo of mine in the car tonight

found this picture of one on the web, doesnt show the seat belt pickup on the other side

gallery_30_14_84590_zps1897a9dc.jpg

alexwilliams840 said:

I know this is an old post but im hoping these prevents me from starting a new one

Ive just bought frp sparco seats for my focus. I have the original subframes but no belt pretensioner.. has anyone got picture of ford racing puma pretensioners so i can make sure i get the right ones for my focus subframes.

I will be selling my frp subframes once there in the focus

Latest posts

Back