not starting! help?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danbrush

ok so i drove my puma home,was fine as normal,got home, then went bak to move the car and it would not start, it started and died a few times now it only turns over,all sparks are good and when i tested the fuel rail by removing the cap and pressing the pin,nothing shot out so no fuel pressure!!
ive checked the fuses,all are fine,also the fuel cut off switch hasnt been triggered.
any ideas? relay? blocked filter?

there is fuel in the tank,not low enough for the light to be on,there is no buzzing from the pump

ive looked at all of them none have blown the tops off,although i have seen a few fuses blow without breaking the top before! some1 also suggested the relay . would that stop it from prim9ing if its blown?

this happened to me and i read up about it,if it happens again put your foot on the gas pedal and clutch pedal at the same time and start it , that works for mine every time. :)

haha yeh ive tried all the various pedal arrangements! :p ive tried playing with the cut off switch,hasnt changed anything, i also just swapped the relay over from my old puma,no change,no fuses have blown! i would of thought if it was a blocked filter or dodgy pump it wudnt of just gone instantly?

I think whether something just suddenly stops working or not depends on how unlucky you are....

same here but i didnt think pumps just went i thought they gradually died,same for blocked filter.i tried the bleed valve thing on the fuel rail and nothing shot out,i then did the same to my other puma thats been stripped and sat for a weeka nd it shot out a bit,kinda says to be theres no pumping!

found the problem!!!! :) it was an earth on the drivers side! luckily i have my stripped puma ,went and followed the loom and found the earths,they just werent rubbed down for a good contact and were loose! all working now :p

That's good news. Glad you got it sorted! :thumbs:

You can't beat an nice easy fix like that!

I'm having the same problems with my car now . Can you take a photo of which earth it was so I can check mine and see if that works. Cheers

Back